• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 skid questions

B

brendoski

Aug 24, 2011
I got a good lead on a fox float skid out of a 2008 m1k its a great deal so I think ill buy it. The problem I have is its a 153 and my sled is a 162. Is there a simple way to just swap all the stuff onto my existing skid? I do have the front skid arm brackets. Or am i going to need to find some 162 rails off of a new skid? I would prefer to almost keep mine as it would be cheaper and are anodized black with a 2 wheel kit. Thanks for any advice!!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Cat used to sell a Float conversion kit for the older torsion rear skids, and I have a friend that has the Float kit on his stock rails on his M7 so I know it's doable. Not sure if the rear arm mounts in the same place or not on the rails. Might just have to do some checking on that.

B

brendoski

Aug 24, 2011
Yeah I have seen the conversion I have been looking to see if I can find a parts list of what the conversion comes with. it sounds like they were just selling oem stuff but I'm not sure. I'm buying it tonight so I guess we will see haha

B

brendoski

Aug 24, 2011
Update: everything is a direct bolt on if you have a bracket for the front skid arm

Premium Features