• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help, m6 clutching

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I was wondering if anyone has a good setup for m6 clutching from 4000-6500 feet. My 10 year old boy will be riding it, he weighs 100 pounds. I bought this sled last year and it was only ridden twice and the clutching is horrible. I am not a cat guy so any advice will be great. I was looking at everything today and it appears to have two different size weights in the primary, one weight is 671/70 and the other two are 694/63. I am assuming that is 63 and 70 gram, if so what a retard that owned it. The secondary helix is 0726-224 and a white spring. The primary spring was a yellow with white stripe. I bought an amp secondary quick adjust for setting deflection. I didn't check the clutching last year I figured I would ride it and try it first. I spent time replacing all the suspension bushings oil pump rod and some hoses. I guess I should have checked it closer, but with only having it up twice I didn't do much else. Oh and it has a 153 x 2 1/4" camoplast track.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The M6 needs three 63 gram weights to be happy at that elevation. Aqua/black spring in the primary with a straight 36 and a platinum spring. I would check clutch rollers and bushings after running with the previous "custom" set up.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I Googled the number on the helix and it is a straight 36 so I guess I am good there. I just need to find some good used weights and buy some new springs. I have been polaris forever so not familiar with the cat setups. This will hopefully save me a bunch of guessing and learning to figure it out. Thank you

Premium Features