• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss vs Mountain (shorty) seat on M7

97exc

Dec 14, 2008
CO
I currently have an older Boss seat on a 2006 M7, wanted to see if there's any benefit to switching over to the newer AC Mountain seat. The Boss seat I have is the longer one with the zippered pouch in the back. Tying to figure out if the shorty seat puts the seating position any higher? I can see that it definitely leaves more open space behind it but can't tell if its taller.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I had the boss seat on my 09, factory cat/boss then replaced with a new boss seat in 2013.
I do not like the 2010/11 cat shorty seats. They are heavier than boss by a few pounds and the foam is denser than boss, causing a lot of butt bouncing. The bouncing made me laugh, i seriously couldn't believe how much that seat made me bounce compared to any other sled i have ridden, the storage is quite a bit smaller than the newer boss seat also.
When hopping from side to side i found myself landing on the tunnel right behind the seat on the 2010/11, never had that issue on my 09 with the boss seat.

GS6

Last edited:
Premium Features