• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Fit FU Running Boards

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
They look like a try to copy the madfab board inserts. the madfab board inserts are the only way to go. I am sure with a quick search on here you can find a few posts about them. or contact the madsigntist here and he can get you a set. I think you can get them from wrp also.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
Yeah I've been looking at those as well, trying to decide which way to go. These ones were just cheaper.

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Whatever you do don't get the xxxmod rods boards. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what but they seemed almost an inch to wide and had to be trimmed. Ending up getting air frame ones instead.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
Good to know, thanks. I was either thinking these plastic drop in ones or the WRP mountain tuff boards because of how they strengthen the boards.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
The Madfab boards don't require any cutting on '08-'11 boards and the openings stay the same size as stock. If you have a '05-'07 they will require some cutting. The FU boards will require cutting regardless of year, but will have larger openings than stock on the '08-'11. All reports I have read say the Madfab work great even without cutting.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
Yeah I have read a lot about the madfab boards, all good things. I found it strange that there was nothing out there about the FU boards, seeing as they are the same concept with just bigger holes/more material cut out. I'm not really worried about cutting if I have to, just want something that is economical and functional. The madfab boards seem a bit pricey at $160 or so shipped when i can get the powder coated WRP boards with the large cutouts and tunnel brace for $190 shipped.

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
I actually got a pair of them a few years back at hay days. They actually work pretty good. The worst thing about them is figuring out that you have to stomp and not kick any snow that sits on them. Having the nuts and top of the threads on the top can eat up a set of soft sole boots in a hurry.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
The MadFab EZ Boards are designed to fit like a stock part. They are machined with reliefs on the underside to fit over all the ridges, rivets and flanges. EZ's don't just lay on top of the boards like these other versions.
They also do not require any cutting, grinding or guessing. Just mark, drill and rivet/bolt. EZ.
And if you want, you can always cut more material out to make the holes larger too. And add more hardware if you think you need more.
They come with stainless hardware and advanced rivets. This and the extra machining and design are the reason they cost a few more $$.
1332351182384.jpg
[/URL]

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
The first result on a google search of "MadFab EZ Boards" sells them for $129.99. Might find them even cheaper if you search harder.

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
I also have the mountain fit boards and I like them. I also like that you make the holes larger for kicking unwanted snow out.

Premium Features