• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Togwotee Snow Conditions

C

Carter

Dec 6, 2007
So, I had a day ride on Thursday......2 people who were unable to get off trail. With the slow start of winter, it seems as there is a lack of excitement around the net about riding. If you are looking to burn out the oil from your new sled and its first tank, there is snow to ride on....if you are looking for a powder day, not yet.......as Lefty said the season has just started.......Looks like snow in the forcast and I will post more info as it goes..........and yes Chris, you can trust me and Lefty......
Understand your frustration. However, the season hasn't even started. The lodge just opened up yesterday. There's yet to be a single guided trip go out. Of the few of them that are there, their assembling sleds & trying to wrap up other obligations. While us others are busy, doing the things that allow us to do what we do in the winter. After things get going, call the rental shop, around 4:30.. Ask about a report.

C

Carter

Dec 6, 2007
Calling for 10 inches Mon. nite and 50 to 70 % chance for every day after till weekend..........they won't call inches for that but if we get 2 each day, that's a pile up top.......getting here ahead of you...

C

Carter

Dec 6, 2007
6-8 last nite........4+ tonite, and around 6 in the yard forcast for the week......AND.......if that storm on the coast can do, we got good riding.......maybe need a 3 inch.........

pksignator

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2008
Jackson, WY
Yes it is snowing today. Just what the doctor ordered...
Its still early season and plenty of "land mines" to be covered. 2 or 3 more good snow storms will set up for great riding everywhere.

I plan to get out this weekend.. will update later

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
239c5714419d0e771514fed4ee9adb02.jpg

Maiden voyage on the bike today. Found same snow as others have reported. About a foot of new on top of 2 to 3 feet of old. Not much base yet, rocks and logs are there so be careful.

Premium Features