• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
How does Arctic Cat sell a turbo charged four stroke mountain sled then? I would think Yamaha has the ability to do whatever Arctic Cat did in order to sell a factory boosted sled.

one thing is that cat has a engine and fuel management system that was built directly to be a turboed engine. This likely leads to why cat is able to get over the EPA hurdle easier. Not saying the nytro engine could not do it. Just saying that the nytro engine was not designed by yamaha to be turbo'ed, just so turned out that is makes great power with a turbo

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Not that I would be in a position to confirm or deny this, but now that someone else has published it, I suppose its fair game for discussion...

http://sledrumors.com/2013/01/27/20...maha-snowmobile-predictions-and-launch-dates/

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles
2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same.

The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback.

Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

The countdown has begun..
I really hope Yamaha comes with a self produced mountain and not a collaboration with Articcat. The disappointment and the Battle in the face is still high :(

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know I am the odd man out here.
But I still think we will see better sleds with faster product development coming out of this new joint endeavor.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I know I am the odd man out here.
But I still think we will see better sleds with faster product development coming out of this new joint endeavor.

If you look at the history of arctic cat. . . The m7. Plagued with problems(F7 actaully) the m8 is not much different in design. Heavy, etc. Each year it got better and better. this is the normal progression for arctic cat. I suspect that the 2014 yamacat and arctic cat will be better than the 13 which was better than the 12. The yamaha engine is just going to add to the awesome.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
But if we look at the Nytro, it is, for the most part the very same sled they introduced years ago...

So your saying the 2013 nytro mtx had the same poor geometry that the 2008 had? You mean to say yamaha did not even make an attempt to fix these issues? Even though such things like a different design of aarms could have greatly increased the mountain ready out of the box ability of the nytro?

I own a 2012 cat and I will say it is not without its problems but even the 2012 proclimb chassis geometry hides the weight of the 4 stroke engine and handles well in the mountains. Part of me would love to upgrade to the new viper or a cat 7000 but I don't have the money to buy the sled and then the turbo kit it needs. I personally think it will be great and 2015 will be the same sled but in a full mountain version.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What I am suggesting is that Yamaha is not particularly FAST in product evolution. Yes, deficiencies are identified and addressed, but how much new INNOVATION have we seen on the 2008 Nytro??

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
patience-is-a-virtue.jpg

Is that a trashcat?

Tell ya what.....

if this actually happens not only will I buy one but I will change my name back to yammy1320.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
I'm just hoping this new Mountain Max isn't a fabled creature like this one!! Been trying to put my sights on one of these for years. Its kinda like waiting on Yamaha to come up with something new & cool.
5X4 Jackalope would make a AWESOME wall trophy!!

jackalope.jpg

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
they been waiting .. propheting.. ect for a new rhino every year also.

thread just reminded me of that lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm just hoping this new Mountain Max isn't a fabled creature like this one!! Been trying to put my sights on one of these for years. Its kinda like waiting on Yamaha to come up with something new & cool.
5X4 Jackalope would make a AWESOME wall trophy!!

jackalope.jpg

All we can do is WAIT and HOPE and make sure we let Yamaha know exactly what it is that WE WANT!

5 months from now we should know if there is any truth to it or not...

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
No rumor, just a question. Has Yamaha ever disappointed us?

YES, Every time I see their "Mountain" sled line up for the past 15yrs. Can they be made into Mountain sleds? Yes, for 8-15k

Case in point. Snowest mountain sled challenge doesn't even have a yamaha in it!!! Enough said

Premium Features