• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vin# location on '05 M series

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I put a wrap on a couple years ago and can't see a trace of it in the same location as my '08 vin#. I don't want to peel the tunnel to find out its somewhere else.

Can someone confirm that it is in the same location as the newer M series?

Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just look on the front of the heat exchanger under the hood. Right below the steering post and behind the cylinders. There should be a decal there with the Vin#. Also on the RH side of the tunnel right behind the front arm mount for the rear skid, but that will be under your wrap.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I had a Sheriff threaten me with federal charges if he saw me again with it covered. I told him the vin# was in at the bottom of the steering post, he didn't want to hear it! He knew it was on the tunnel and was covered by the wrap!

I started to open my hood to show him and hoping it was down there, he said "Have it visible next time I see you or esle!!!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would just make a sticker with the number on it and stick in onto the outside of the wrap, that way you don't jack up your wrap. Also, keep a couple doughnuts in the tunnel bag. It will go a long way next time you have this situation.

Premium Features