• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Servo motor

zr870

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2014
Are they suppose to cycle once when engine is first started up and anyone know how to check cable adjustment length on a 2010 M8

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
servo motor

I don't know about the cycle when they start. But to check the length of the cable for out of adjustment. Snap off the gold ring that holds the cables on. snap off the silver fork that that holds the cables tight to servo motor. It is on the back side of the servo at the bottom. Always put a wrench on the big nut and then turn off the small nut in the center. Pull the cables down in the back where the silver fork came off. slide the pulley off the shaft. unwind the cables off the pulley. remember which slot they went in. there are 2 slots right next to each other. pull the cables a few times to see if there is any snags that are catching on the plastic covering. get a digital micrometer and measure from the edge of the cable to the pin that came off the pulley. If I remember right the need to be 1.377 inches. the two cables have to be almost exactly the same length. put it back exactly how it came apart or you will get a fault code. I have done mine every year or two depending on how much I ride that year. the owners manual tells how to do it and has the measurements.

zr870

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2014
I don't know about the cycle when they start. But to check the length of the cable for out of adjustment. Snap off the gold ring that holds the cables on. snap off the silver fork that that holds the cables tight to servo motor. It is on the back side of the servo at the bottom. Always put a wrench on the big nut and then turn off the small nut in the center. Pull the cables down in the back where the silver fork came off. slide the pulley off the shaft. unwind the cables off the pulley. remember which slot they went in. there are 2 slots right next to each other. pull the cables a few times to see if there is any snags that are catching on the plastic covering. get a digital micrometer and measure from the edge of the cable to the pin that came off the pulley. If I remember right the need to be 1.377 inches. the two cables have to be almost exactly the same length. put it back exactly how it came apart or you will get a fault code. I have done mine every year or two depending on how much I ride that year. the owners manual tells how to do it and has the measurements.
Thanks....now I need to get a manual.....didn't get one from the guy when I got the sled...

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
On EFI sleds they will cycle once on start up to check cable length, is the cables are not correct the motor will cycle 3 times fast after the first "check" cycle.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
You don't need to pull the pully off the servo motor. You can remove the cable ends out of the slot wothout removal.

zr870

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2014
On EFI sleds they will cycle once on start up to check cable length, is the cables are not correct the motor will cycle 3 times fast after the first "check" cycle.
I know on my ZR 800 which was a carb model it would cycle but its not on this 2010 M8 which is EFI....

R
Just make dam sure that IF you take the cables off, you put them back on the right rotation on the servo.
I had a dealer install new cables once when i bought my 900 and they put them on backwards, and they didn't work.

BIG FAT FYI !!!!!!

Premium Features