• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on Smashed 2010 M8 Night Fire

I have the opportunity to buy a 2010 M8 that ghost rode down the mountain into a tree. Sled for sure needs upper and lower A arms on the left side as well as the shock and spindle. I examined the mounting points for the a arms and the front lower one is bent. Just wondering is that a section of sub frame that could easily be replaced or if it is more major than that?

I had a pretty good look at the sled and most of the damage is cosmetic so it should be cheap enough to fix as long as I can get the mount repaired easily without to much added cost. I am not to familiar with Arctic Cats so if there is any other advice on it I would gladly take it!

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

C
Jan 14, 2012
On the bent mounting point, if its not to bad. Put a big washer on the inside of the bulk head, run a bolt thru the mounting hole. Put a thick peice of metal that spans the indentation and tighten it up. It will pull the bent mounting section out flush.

Then install the factory dogbones supports on the lower front and rear a-arm mounting bolts.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Make sure the clutches are still aligned...That's how I tell if the bulkhead has been tweaked at all. I've had times where it's tweaked the bulkhead and also when its just tweaked the mounting location.

zr870

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2014
On the bent mounting point, if its not to bad. Put a big washer on the inside of the bulk head, run a bolt thru the mounting hole. Put a thick peice of metal that spans the indentation and tighten it up. It will pull the bent mounting section out flush.

Then install the factory dogbones supports on the lower front and rear a-arm mounting bolts.
What are these factory dogbone supports....any pics....sorry if this is a dumb question but a newbie to this M8 as well

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Putting a straight edge on the secondsry clutch and checking it for parallel with the drive is a good method . One thing forsure once the A arms and skis are on standing on the machine will tell you if things are tweaked . Few times when I think everything is good once you get the new A arms on you can see things are a bit out other times you can see it once you have things apart.
M bulk heads are easy to replace it things are twisted.

I have A arms In Stoon if your looking.

C
Jan 14, 2012
What are these factory dogbone supports....any pics....sorry if this is a dumb question but a newbie to this M8 as well

Cat stopped putting these on in 2009. You can put one on the rear a-arms mounts(as shown in link) and one on the front a arm mount-look where the front lower a arm mounts to the bulkhead and you will see a hole from left to right side a arm mounts-that is where the brace will go thru.

Part #11

http://www.kenssportsarcticcatparts.com/oemparts/a/arc/5012bf91f8700219481d487f/a-arm-assembly

Premium Features