• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

evo cold air intake question?

M
Nov 26, 2001
laramie wy
just had my first ride and the 215 flash is pretty sweet to say the least! my question is concerning the head breather tube into the CAI... what is the technical reason to have this back into the fresh air? on my dirtbike it just acts as a vent at the bottom of the frame and im wondering why you couldnt do this to the new cats?

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
I think that is stuck in where the air filter is/was so the filter can soak up the excess oil if machine is rolled. If you have the evo CAI then you'll need the rollover valve (mo $$) or buy one of those little kn breather filters and ziptie it somewhere cause its only going to stop so much oil in a rollover.

M
Nov 26, 2001
laramie wy
For sure! I just about tested that out yesterday I just didnt know if the was a good reason they are routed into the intake; for a sensor or something beneficial to the engine?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Stock set-up is into airfilter to soak up oil if rolled, a small kn filter can freeze up causing you issues. If you like rolling your sled to get it unstuck or roll on accident you can dump enough oil out the breather tube that you will need to add oil to your sled. Best bet is to go will a roll over kit and be done with it.

Premium Features