• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 steering post

N
Oct 13, 2013
Aberdeen SD
Bent my post really bad to the side, i planned on straightening it but i know they have a factory bend and i don't know what that is. My bottom mount is fine and where it bolt to bulkhead is fine, but on the bottom front of the post there is a flange and it looks messed up. I know this is a thread somewhere but my search feature doesn't work i just takes me back to he main site, i don't want to buy a new post if possible, if anyone knew the angle and how it was factory that'd be great and i could reinforce it myself

N
Oct 13, 2013
Aberdeen SD
Aftermarket post?

When you say "what i'm talking about" do you mean what part or what's wrong with the part?
If what part: it is the vertical steering post that bolts to the bulkhead and runs up to the handlebars.
If what's wrong: it is bent forward and to the left, but i decided i can't fix it so looking for how to replace it.

Decided it's not worth straightening, so i tossed it. Dealer priced my over 90 bucks for the same stock one, so i'm looking for something aftermarket that maybe is a little bit sturdier, i remember reading Wildchild somewhere in the forum a while back, any info on this?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
you do not want stronger, you want a post that has give. or a pivot point on the handlebars. Get a wildchild T top post and use a riser set up. that way when you eat the bars, it will pivot instead of bending again. Do a google search for wildchild t top post and it should bring up the thread.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Yes, but it will still create a pivot point and in a roll your bars will more than likely turn anyway.. A stronger post will only cause something to bend elsewhere, I.E. handlebars, or crack your bulkhead.

Premium Features