• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ReaperMotorsports 800 headlight delete and cold air intake.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Just got it installed. Took about 3 hours to do all the vents for the airbox and the headlight delete. Kegan is awesome to deal with and for less than 300$ I lost 10lbs. Install was easy and everything fit perfect.
Thanks Kegan!

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
contact info

That looks sweet do you happen to have his contact info?

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Is this a plug and play setup?
How much do you have to cut and fit your self, except of the vents?

Everything is in his kit, comes with all the vents, a new bracket for the gauge, which also puts a new vent up under the windshield that should let out a ton of heat. I just used a piece of white chock layed all the vent up on the hood traced then cut them out with a jigsaw. I'm not very patient but the next step is gluing all the pre filter material to the metal frames of the vents. The way to do it would be to glue every one, let them set over night and then come back the next day and trim the excess material away. I just glued them and cut away the excess with a razor blade while it was still wet. Definitely more time consuming the way I did it but it allowed me to just get it all dont at once. If you have a jigsaw, a drill, and some patients its easy to do. It also comes with pre cut stainless steel mesh to put under all the pre filter material so they should be pretty tough.

His email is grimrepr.1967@yahoo.com

and his screen name on here is ReaperMotorsports

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Looks awesome and mean!
So how does the air intake work now? I see it would get air through the hood now, but how is the air channeled from the big gapping sqaure behind the bumper?
Thanks

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Looks awesome and mean!
So how does the air intake work now? I see it would get air through the hood now, but how is the air channeled from the big gapping sqaure behind the bumper?
Thanks

I'll take a few more photos today, basically there is just a block off plate that closes off wherethe upper part of the old air box was. And now it will pull air from the big vent on top, the long one behind my bumper, and there is one on each side by the a arms. I just moved the air temp sensor down to the nose so it gets an accurate temp reading. It should easily be able to flow as much air as the two stock 2" intake holes even if a vent or two gets covered with snow

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Does this kit come with instructions and pictures for us dummies that need everything on a page step by step? :face-icon-small-ton

I really consider a headlight delete kit but don`t know witch one to go for.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Sled looks good Richard!!!
Kit comes with a set of instructions to install it. It does take some time to cut out all the area behind the vents and to get the hood plate cut into place. But if you have some good cutting tools and dont mind cutting up your hood then its not too bad. Area behind the vents gets completely cut out since the aluminum frame will keep the panels straight. Right now I am building to order so you can pick any color and customize things as you would like.

Heres a link to my sled with it on there
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317474

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Works awesome. Have about 800 miles on it with a cpc pipe and power commander. You just throw a block off plate on the airbox and remove the top section.

1380270_10151607324442624_1767238418_n.jpg 891650_10151708784047624_1672507119_o.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Any pictures from how you did it?

Where do you block of the air box? In the nose of the sled? And remove the top part of the air box, the part you see when you flip the hood up side down?

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Any pictures from how you did it?

Where do you block of the air box? In the nose of the sled? And remove the top part of the air box, the part you see when you flip the hood up side down?

Look at the pictures in my build thread.
I had Reaper`s block off plate.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Theres acouple different ways you can do it. You can remove the upper airbox and make it pull air from only the front through the 4 exposed outer vents and 2 inboard vents or leave the upper airbox on. You could still use the 6 custom vents up front for cold air but you wont lose as much weight off the hood and it would also pull air from the top 2 holes from the original intake and under the gauge. Option 1 uses the vent under the gauge and original intakes as just normal vents to remove hot underhood air instead, kinda like a chimney since its at the highest point of the body. Hopefully you can make alittle sense from that :)

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
Just got it installed. Took about 3 hours to do all the vents for the airbox and the headlight delete. Kegan is awesome to deal with and for less than 300$ I lost 10lbs. Install was easy and everything fit perfect.
Thanks Kegan!
Am I missing something. Is there supposed ot be a picture.

Premium Features