• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 T3 production changes

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
doo will be using the regular old stock can, and less porting in track is all I believe is different.

To my knowledge the electric start has nothing to do with the T-3's, if you ordered it without electric start, it will come without electric start...

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
We paid for this stuff...Im going to be very disappointed if skidoo doesn't offer us something to compensate...I have bought dozens of summits over the last 20 years and If they say were getting something and we pay for it then deliver...if not then give us the money back for the parts that raised the sled price in the first place...am I wrong here??? These sleds are way to much already and will just continue to get more expensive.

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
will older cans fit t3? I agree should give us the equivalent to a can back in $$$$.

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We paid for this stuff...Im going to be very disappointed if skidoo doesn't offer us something to compensate...I have bought dozens of summits over the last 20 years and If they say were getting something and we pay for it then deliver...if not then give us the money back for the parts that raised the sled price in the first place...am I wrong here??? These sleds are way to much already and will just continue to get more expensive.

My guess is the old can costs the same amount as the new can would so you are getting what you paid for. They just did a favor and made an easy cheap way to take off another 13 pounds. They took off weight in the expensive areas for you. If I had ordered a T3 I would have probably been looking at cans anyways.

jjmyzrider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
Helena, MT
I spoke to my dealer, they have never heard of any of this. I have seen the letter, and still don't know what to make of it. I have not got a letter from Skidoo.
Any chance this is only a Canadian issue, and not for the U.S. market?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My guess is you will see the lightweight track and muffler next year so they can report another weight loss. Not much room for bragging this year as everyone had already ordered their T3's. Drop that weight next year and get more people to snow check them. Makes perfect sense to me, but is it good for those who ordered this year? No probably not.

That is an interesting thought. Maybe between proto and production sleds, they did loose more weight than originally thought, so they pulled the can and track from the table, in order to save it for next year. Makes sense, but still equally shady........

L
May 15, 2009
Quick question on all of this.
Isn't there a clause in the paperwork that states Ski Doo can make changes to their sleds prior to production?
Seems like there may be, but I don't know for sure, nor did I preseason one so I can't check paperwork.
I understand why people are upset with not getting what they thought they were getting when they snow checked their sleds.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Humm change in exhaust eh?, in talking to a fellow that helped design the sled there is supposed to be more power in the t3, I'm wondering if that was because of the new exhaust on the T3. If they went back to the old can than the pipe will possibly be the old pipe. The other change I was told was the gearing was possibly going to be changed to 18/51. We'll see if it true this fall.

I also would not be happy if I ordered one and this change happened, we all know the t3 prototype worked very well.

One thing is, this is still going to be a awsome sled!! I think I'm going to have T3 envy this season.

Lmao it's funny how 32C heat makes a fellow frequent these sites more!!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
It is still going to rip..... even with out the "lighter can". I was going to change it out any way with my carbon sled parts can or my Diamond S light version anyway.

I do think Skidoo should at least give us the $500 we spent for the " light can" in a refund/ store/ credit/ future snow check down payment, something.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I do know that the T3 ran cleaner than any of my 13/14 Etecs, at 5K-8K feet. I hope it was the mapping and not the exhaust that made the T3 feel better, the lack of snap in my Etecs over the last two years have been my one ongoing disappointment/complaint.
And no offense to anyone, but I will stop riding sleds before I pay $500 for an exhaust can! That will buy me a full exhaust with headers for my F150!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It is still going to rip..... even with out the "lighter can". I was going to change it out any way with my carbon sled parts can or my Diamond S light version anyway.

I do think Skidoo should at least give us the $500 we spent for the " light can" in a refund/ store/ credit/ future snow check down payment, something.

But yes, I really expected some sort of offer to make us all feel warm and fuzzy. Good for Cat and Poo, the fact that Doo couldn't keep our side panels shut and rear axle assemblies on the sleds last year wavered my faith, this kinda reinforces that. I already told my dealer that this was the last year I will be snowchecking 2-3 new Doos, I may give the other brands another shot.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I'm sure the fine print allows them to make changes to the final product but I'm sure that the lighter can and ported track were enough to entice some people to buy the sled. If they wouldn't have advertised these items as part of the total package there is no doubt there would have been fewer snow checks. I also find it difficult to believe that they would have got this far along and only found out that they can't the muffler approved. The whole thing seems like sort of a bait and switch.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Totally agree. Two scenarios to consider for grins:
1) BRP letter to us, as written. Leaves us thinking they are being untruthful, trying to pull something over on us, making us consider making different brand choices in the future, lack of trust.
2) Any of the following.
a) "We at BRP tripped over our ballz in an effort to deliver the finest possible product to our consumers, we optimistically attempted to produce a lightweight exhaust can and in the process made a few mistakes that led it to be unsuitable for production at this time. Enclosed you will find a coupon for a free case of oil/$250 in accessories/$500 off the purchase of a 2016 Skidoo/etc. (Any of the above.) We apologize and value you as customers, and hope that this does not affect your future sled purchases. Rest assured that you are still getting the finest state of the art mountain sled available."
b) "We at BRP, in an effort to produce the finest state of the art mountain sled, designed, among other things, a lightweight can to shed weight. Between prototype models and full production versions, we were able to shed more weight than anticipated via various assembly methods, and were thus able to meet the promised weight and performance promises made for the T3 model without using a lighter exhaust. Due to this, we decided to cut production costs by using the established 2014 model exhaust can, instead of the promised 2015 lightweight version. While we still met the promised weight, we acknowledge that we are not delivering as promised, and would like to make it up to our valued customers by giving you.........(as above.)

The first scenario leaves bad tastes on our mouths. The second, any version, would have been much much better.

I am sure there is a clause stating that they can change anything between proto and production.

I am sure they will be more than happy to let anyone out of their snowcheck contracts, the sleds will be gobbled up as soon as they are available, being snowchecks.

I get good pricing, my dealer takes care of me, I would have still bought one. I mean, I checked a Freeride even though it is the same exact sled as the one I have now. My neighbor, a hardcore Pro man with his wife, checked one, but he was on the fence for a long time about it. This would possibly really tic him off, I am curious as to his feelings on the matter. I could see him backing out of it out of principle.

Consider this: Walking down the street, a guy flips you off for no reason. Should it bother you? No. Does it? Yes. Will it change the way you look at the person? Yes. Though in reality, it means nothing in the overall scheme of your life. Skidoo just flipped us all off for no reason. Regardless of if it makes my winter any less fun, the sled any less great etc. Unless we are all missing something BRP has got a LOT to learn when it comes to customer service/marketing!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
or "we at brp will discount 250 for the stupid can that has some upset but charging extra 250 for a box of bumble bee tissues in the goggle warmer.we are now even steven.have a nice day or go ride a poo".LOL

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
But yes, I really expected some sort of offer to make us all feel warm and fuzzy. Good for Cat and Poo, the fact that Doo couldn't keep our side panels shut and rear axle assemblies on the sleds last year wavered my faith, this kinda reinforces that. I already told my dealer that this was the last year I will be snowchecking 2-3 new Doos, I may give the other brands another shot.

So let me get this straight you are spending $35k plus on your 3 new sleds but are bitching about buying a $500 exhaust. I dont feel sorry for you and good luck finding an entire exhaust for a truck for the same money

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am not bitching. I am also not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me for anything, I feel very fortunate about my life, but thanks.
I said I would never spend $500 on a CAN for a $13K sled. And I won't. And my F150 exhaust is $400 shipped to my door, headers, cats, downpipe, midpipe, gaskets and hardware.
Anything else that you are clueless about that you would like to bring up?

Premium Features