• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket head's

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Has anyone tryed an aftermarket head, on there axys yet? Any improvements. ?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
RK TEK

Most guys I know run the RK TEK drop in kit.. Pretty simple deal and fairly cheap. Better pistons and added skirt support. No fuel controller or anything needed. Adds a good 12-20 hp and it's noticeable. I planned to leave my axys stock so I milled and did head work. ( that's stock for our group) then I ended up with silber turbo on it too.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I ran the BMP Hi-Alt head, I felt it ran better and had a little more punch on the lower end, is it a night and day difference I didn't think so. I ride mainly above 9000 ft so a little extra compression can't hurt. I ran this with a GT tuner, BMP pipe and Skinz can too. I will put this kit on my 17 next year.

flatlander77

Lifetime Membership
May 1, 2009
Flat and Hard pack!!
I ran the SLP head for high elevation. Felt like it gave it the low end that I thought it was missing. Good power all threw the RPM range. Did a diff clutch setup then SLP recommended. Still tuning that part in. Head was a nice add on for the price.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Not worth the effort and the $$ just for a head change-
Doing a drop in kit ( fix it kit) Yepper for sure- but most are waiting for the warranty to expire before voiding it themselves... :juggle:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I talk most of the aftermarket companys that make heads, we are getting better options made for this engine that likes to Rev. Not just a pro head to fit the axys.. time will tell how they work.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
U guys with the Indy head fuel controller needed, what pipe?

Premium Features