• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VOHK turbo Fuel Question

N

nytro-r6

Dec 15, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I recently acquired a 2011 PRO built by VOHK. It is my understanding that each build is somewhat unique based on the buyer. The guy I purchased the sled from said he ran 9-10 gal of the highest octane he could find and then would supplement it with 1 gal of Toluene (rated at 114). I'm no Bill Nye "the Science Guy" so I am reaching out to all of you.

My question is - do I continue with the mixing per the previous owner? Or would I be better off with some pump and cam2? And if the latter what ratio?

Thanks in advance!

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Are you saying 9-10 gallons of premium pump fuel or race/av? When you say "the highest octane he could find", its a bit confusing since any of us can find race gas if we want.

You may want to call vohk to see what they recommend for that setup, but otherwise a gallon of toulene will give you ~2 octane point increase per tank, so try to match that with whatever you can get for fuel. (IE: 92 oct with a gallon of toulene would be ~94 octane).

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Sorry. I was referring to the highest pump gas he could find. Which i would assume is 91 in most places.

Ok, so that is right about ~93 octane so you will want at least that or a bit more, which is about right for moderate boost levels. You may want to call vohk to see what they recommend, but keep it 93+ octane and you should be fine. You can do that with av gas, race gas, toulene, or other octane supplements.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
you really need to contact VOHK with that question. Erik tunes each sled differently based off octane used at the time of picking up the sled, if you change the octane or mix at all it could affect the way the turbo ride ability is and youll wonder why its not running right.

Premium Features