• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bondocker issues

J
Sep 18, 2012
Norway
Hi! Got my self a 2015 pro with boondocker boost for christmas.

Its a std BD 2860 turbo. I have the wøssner pistons and low compression top from rktek. Ride at low elevation, only on pump gas. Map from my dealer...

When I reach 5000 rpm the engine wont go higher and seems to having trouble. The AF shows around 14.
Also, my boost is set to 10 psi, but when I start it stands on 14 and 10 minutes later it can be on 4 psi just with the engine running. Is that normal?
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks, Jaahn

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
Jaahn

Jaahn, I wouldn't ride the sled anymore, until you speak with someone with actual knowledge with your altitude tune. I am pretty sure low altitude and 10
psi. on pump is not going to make the engine very happy. Even with a timing key I'm not sure you could go 10 psi. Be careful, you can cause a lot of damage very quickly. I'm thinking low altitude 10 psi would require 110 octane. Good luck. Don't rush it.

J
Sep 18, 2012
Norway
Jaahn, I wouldn't ride the sled anymore, until you speak with someone with actual knowledge with your altitude tune. I am pretty sure low altitude and 10
psi. on pump is not going to make the engine very happy. Even with a timing key I'm not sure you could go 10 psi. Be careful, you can cause a lot of damage very quickly. I'm thinking low altitude 10 psi would require 110 octane. Good luck. Don't rush it.

Thanks, but we have been riding on 10-12 psi here befor without any issues. But how about the psi adjustment. Is it normal that it adjust by it self?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
To J almont:
10psi here in Norway on low elevation is absolutly doable with the right head, and the fact we have better gas quality here, with higher octane levels than your, and higher knock resistance. His RkTek head is 10.2 compression, and will work well with 10psi.

Here's a video of mine last season 10.4psi on standard kit, RkTek 10.2 turbo head, Wössner pistons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTOJuLxI2VU&list=UUAs9eKxu9jDIsGEHl-sBvtw

To Jaahn, im guessing you are from Norway, so am I, so I will answer in both languages so the English speaking also understands.

I had the same setup like you in 2013 and 2014 season.

Im guessing you have faulty electronics, 14i a/f ratio on 5000rpm is not high and should work fine, and there is no reason it shouldnt go over 5000rpm.

What happens when you go over 5000rpm? What does the sled do?
Did you mount the kit yourself?
Do the EBC adjusts itself to 14 each time you start the sled?

It's not supposed to adjust itself like this each time you start it, it should be at what you left it at. It only adjusts itself when you are going up or down in elevation. I have experienced sudden boost adjustments when starting the sled before, and it would run like crap and have crazy a/f ratios, but this always resolved itself by stopping it again, and starting it again. Then it went back to my previous settings.

Drop the Boondocker timing key. It's to no use, and I have seen alot of them making tuning harder, and two occasions of faulty ones.

Norwegian:
Regner med du har kjøpt dette igjennom Geir Sletten hos HSK? Han har god greie på disse turbo motorene nå, og han er importør for Wössner og RkTek, han burde kunne gi deg svar raskt, så anbefaler deg senere og ta kontakt med han ved problem.

Vil tro du har elektrisk problem. 14 i a/f verdi er ikkje unormalt ved ca 5000rpm. Hvorfor den ikkje vil mere er ikkje lett og svare på.

Hva skjer med den når du kommer over 5000rpm?
Har du montert dette kitet selv?
Står trykk innstillingene på 14 hver gang du starter den?

Den skal ikkje justere seg slik selv på trykket ved å stå stille. Den skal justere litt selv når du stiger eller synker i høyde over have. har vert borti det på min tidligere, men da måtte eg kun slå den av og starte scooteren pånytt. Da kom den tilbake til riktig turbo trykk eg hadde stillt den på.

Ta av Timing Key'n, har opplevd att de gjør hele tuninga mye vanskeligere, og den har liten hensikt. Har også sett to tilfeller av timing keys som var feil på, som fikk skuteren til og gå som søppel.

J
Sep 18, 2012
Norway
Hi @Sunvang! Norwegian here yes, talkt to you on the norwegian forum before :)

When I reach 5000 rmp the engine starts cutting itself. Sounds wierd. And the turbo strikes in and out like å hammer stroke. Does not sound good. Sometimes I get above 5000 rmp and then everything seems fine, turbo starts pushing right away. My dealer put the kit on, but we havent had time to adjust it because there was no snow when I pickt it up. They have been using map from HSK, the boondocker dealer in norway.

They think its a small thing but it doesent sound like a small thing, and then I have this psi problem. The psi stands around 14 everytime I start, but goes down and up by it self.

Dont want to do much without the dealer involved, but I think I should take it back because of the psi problem. Does not seem like anybody thinks this is normal.

Mabe thers someting wrong with my boondocker box?

Thanks, Jåhn

Last edited:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
If Boondocker havent released a new fuel controller from last year, that is not supposed to act like that. Take the sled back to your dealer, or get your dealer to contact HSK. Maybe HSK have a spare fuel controller theyy can send for you to try.

jrnbrg

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2008
Norway
Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the bd box use the stock baro/tmap sensor for input on altitude? Sensor or wiring to it could be faulty, so it gives wrong/variable readings.

Andreas

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Take the boost hose off of the intercooler, let it sit open ended in a warm place for a while.
a friend had some fluid/ice in his that caused weird boost readings and settings like yours.

Also check for a boost leak, my Tpro would not go past 4500 afr was a little lean and acted super weird- stutter stumble, occasionally it would boost and run correctly for a very short time when cold, as soon as it warmed up It would go back.

- I checked all my connections and found the mag side boot was not tight between the IC & TB. (dealer installed..)

Premium Features