• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air intake clogged with snow, solutions? Video included.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
In these dry snow conditions we have now, the air intake can get colgged with snow, and suck itself together. Anybody have a solution or tips to prevent this?

If you look in this video, you can see it happen sometimes.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Wow, never have seen one collapse like that. That's impressive. I did notice everytime you let off the throttle, it kicks the snow back off.

I agree, I would get it up higher. I actually care a extension in my back pack just for this. Yours it might need to go that much higher. Looked like the snorkel was causing a drift on the hood, then it would suck up to the filter...

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Buy another pre filter sock and put it in your pocket, change it out when it happens. My boondocker apex did the same but only once in a while.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Sounds like a Rev limiter maybe? I don't know, just guessing...

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Impulse cage and filter or turbo Boyz

They are drilled aluminum cage, and don't collapse like the stock Bd

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
weve been chasing that sound all season when on and off the throttle with not great luck finding a solution, on 3 of our reflash kits. of course no one has ever heard of this problem on the other end of the phone....what needs to be done to the tune to straighten this out? they run fine everywhere else, maybe the odd goat....

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
weve been chasing that sound all season when on and off the throttle with not great luck finding a solution, on 3 of our reflash kits. of course no one has ever heard of this problem on the other end of the phone....what needs to be done to the tune to straighten this out? they run fine everywhere else, maybe the odd goat....
combination of several things: timing/fuel/heat. Easy to fix but i am not familiar with other company's controller sorry. Good luck anyway. Don't you guys have datalogging features?

Last edited:
Premium Features