• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocks oil system

N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
So, how do we like the new oiling system from boondockers? I have their '14 kit and bent my oil tank, so I was thinking of upgrading to the new system....

Anyone lose a turbo yet?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
is the oil return side of turbo blocked off? if so does the oil just blow thru the seals and into engine? if thats the case have any of you guys seen how much build up there is in the intercooler if you have one installed?

N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
Does anyone have any more reports of their oil tank delete kit on turbo pro?

Yep. My oil delete kit was comprised of a new bracket to hold the turbo to the bulkhead, a fitting for the oil supply, a gasket , and block off for the oil return.

The bracket is identical to the brackets with the oil tank, minus the oil tank. You need to take your turbo apart to get it off of the bracket with the oil tank and then re-index your compressor/turbine after you put the new bracket on. I elected to just cut off the oil tank from the existing bracket rather than take my turbo assy apart. I would not have done the delete, but my oil tank took a hit and the return line did't line up real good. It was $250 for a bracket i didn't use, 36" of oil line, one block off plate, one gasket, and one fitting.

Seems to work so far. BTW this sled has ripped for 1500 miles with no tinkering until I bent the oil tank...

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Yep. My oil delete kit was comprised of a new bracket to hold the turbo to the bulkhead, a fitting for the oil supply, a gasket , and block off for the oil return.

The bracket is identical to the brackets with the oil tank, minus the oil tank. You need to take your turbo apart to get it off of the bracket with the oil tank and then re-index your compressor/turbine after you put the new bracket on. I elected to just cut off the oil tank from the existing bracket rather than take my turbo assy apart. I would not have done the delete, but my oil tank took a hit and the return line did't line up real good. It was $250 for a bracket i didn't use, 36" of oil line, one block off plate, one gasket, and one fitting.

Seems to work so far. BTW this sled has ripped for 1500 miles with no tinkering until I bent the oil tank...

Ok. Maybe i just stick with the oiltank then. The fitting and all is not a problem, but it is not that cheap. I mean, if you can use the old stuff like brackets etc.

N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
Yep. A new oil tank was over $300 so I went with the delete. No need to mess with it if your current setup is good.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I've got the bracket I'd sell for $125 if anyones interested in buying $3 worth of hose and a couple fittings

Last edited:
N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
There doesn't appear to be a restriction in the fitting. The line that runs to the turbo moves a lot less oil than the 2 lines that feed the crank bearings

Premium Features