• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro turbo 3 inch track. What's best belt drive

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i have 4 buddies running the TKI and they really like it
C3 has been at it awhile i'm sure theirs is just as good
then there's kurts polaris gear down kit as an options
very simple an light i don't know anyone running one :noidea:
who ever you go with make sure their good to deal with in case you need parts or service
good luck

let it snow

loudhandle is right pretty stange that CMX does not offer a mountian gearing option
with that new info they seem like the last choice (fixed it)

4th CMX but its a whole different level of price and install with drop and roll to allow larger drivers

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm running multiple C3 setups, due to none of the others were even in the business at the time. C3 lowest standard ratio is 2.52 and you can up from there. IMO, C3 parts are higher quality, while maintaining a lower inertia than the others, which translates into better acceleration and easier deceleration / braking.

I for one think it is absurd that the lowest ratio CMX offers is a 2.14, if that is the best ratio he has to offer, then he can keep his stuff, IMO. He is supposed to be a mountain sled guy, after all.:noidea::face-icon-small-dis Mark has been at it a long time, but some of his ideas are just ridicules. Again just my opinion, FWIW

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
i'm running a freeride with a silber kit on it at 10 psi. I'm running the tki system and have had good luck so far. I noticed you have to get the nut pretty tight on the tensioner for it to stay in place, but with that being said I never had it skip during a day of riding and I noticed when I got home I had well over an inch of deflection on it. So if I'm pretty impressed that it was that loose and didn't ratchet on me. The tki for me was also very easy to install (again it's on a doo) and I would imagine it'd be easy on the pro. I had a 13 pro and heard some horror stories about the oem belt drive and was going to go with he tki if I kept it.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
Tki for me.. Nice clean system and craftsmanship is spot on. C3 looks good too, but I just went for a little beefier tki. Tom was great to talk to too!! Either way an upgrade from the cast drive gears stock offers. A no brainer with the tensioner and cheaper belts as well!!!

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I bought the TKI. Into my second season, same belt no problem. I first looked at C3 but was going to have some clearance issues with the exhaust on my turbo.
The TKI bolted in without any mods. Something to consider.. Both are very good systems.

Premium Features