• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee!!!!!!!

J

Jvb1983

Jan 22, 2013
Wisconsin
FOR the riders that have been out to TOG in the last week or so, how much snow do they really have?? Pics would be GREAT!!!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
About bumper deep last Thursday-Saturday. Don't have pics currently, but will try to get you some. When we left Sunday morning it was snowing wet heavy flakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Its been good up here - but the recent warming trend will put a damper on things through Sunday.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I am here now. It is fantastic. Snow is great. only a few inches over the last few days, but we have found lots of untracked 1+ft stashes on wind deposited areas. best riding i have had in the last 3 years. super happy we chose to come here

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
today is our last day here. we have found untracked areas the last 2 days on the north side of the road. the area is getting pretty tracked out and hammered. today we are going to have to go deeper

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
We are at lava mtn now through the weekend today what we found was pretty tracked up there are a few places to play but haven't found anything great. The warm weather has really set up the snow. It seems like April riding not much for powder. They have snow in the forecast starting tomo night through Sat and we have heard one to two feet, but thats how much it needs here to be decent again IMO

X
Oct 24, 2010
We are at lava mtn now through the weekend today what we found was pretty tracked up there are a few places to play but haven't found anything great. The warm weather has really set up the snow. It seems like April riding not much for powder. They have snow in the forecast starting tomo night through Sat and we have heard one to two feet, but thats how much it needs here to be decent again IMO

Heading there this weekend how much is really out there??

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
The trail pb from lodge to cd is pretty bad, you really need some secret stashes or go a ways from the trail to find anything not tracked all up. There is some riding in the tight trees but some logs and stumps are losing cover. Its been in the 40s the two days we've been here cooling off tonight and supposed to start snowing soon have heard up to two feet. We are actually having Nick from crooked creek guide us tomo in hopes of finding some fun riding. As far as snow depth maybe four feet up high but its so set up you only get to use the top 8". Will check back in tomo night.

X
Oct 24, 2010
The trail pb from lodge to cd is pretty bad, you really need some secret stashes or go a ways from the trail to find anything not tracked all up. There is some riding in the tight trees but some logs and stumps are losing cover. Its been in the 40s the two days we've been here cooling off tonight and supposed to start snowing soon have heard up to two feet. We are actually having Nick from crooked creek guide us tomo in hopes of finding some fun riding. As far as snow depth maybe four feet up high but its so set up you only get to use the top 8". Will check back in tomo night.

Thank you a lot keep some updates going if you can ill be out there sunday.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
netcam.jpg

Check roof of lodge...vehicles etc.!!!

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Well lava got about an inch here this am another tonight and snowing now. We had Nick guide us today from crooked creek, definetly money well spent, had good snow to ride in all day. Up high I would say 8-12" depending on location was snowing off and on throughout the day. Supposed to snow again tonight so by tomo there should be good riding thats easy to find. Tomo is our last day so I'm gonna track up as much as I can before all you guys get here:face-icon-small-coo. Will give an update tomo night then your on your own!

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
About four inches at lava today. Pb trail still kinda sucks, probably 12-16 inches up high and snowed all day still snowing tonight. We had bumper deep snow in many places today so anyone coming this next week should have really good riding.

X
Oct 24, 2010
About four inches at lava today. Pb trail still kinda sucks, probably 12-16 inches up high and snowed all day still snowing tonight. We had bumper deep snow in many places today so anyone coming this next week should have really good riding.

Thanks a bunch Hamlin!!!

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
netcam.jpg

Check roof of lodge...vehicles etc.!!!

It's pretty easy to figure it out, I look at the roof too, also the color of the snow in the parking lot, the other day it was getting a funky color, the other thing I look at is how much of that fence is showing, to me that really shows the snow depth! JMO

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Wasn't crusty at all on Saturday. It was still snowing Sunday morning when we left. It wasn't the best snow ever but it was better than when I was out there middle of january

Apr 4, 2014
Cedar Springs, MI
Group of 5 flatlanders from MI headed to Togwotee 3/3 - 3/7 for our first trip out west.

All of us are green to off-trail riding. Hoping for a great guide who can teach us the basics. 3 days of riding planned.

How are current conditions?

Premium Features