• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rktek m7 big bore

JordanWilliams

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2013
Eastern South Dakota
doing the rktek big bore on my sled. fuel pressure was at 42 lbs last year before crank bearing let go. planning on running vforce reeds and stock mapping and exhaust this year. pipe and power commander next year. kelsey said i could run reeds with stock mapping. just curious if anyone has run this setup. if i remember right most stock m7's ran a higher fuel pressure. something like 45-47psi. dont want to be running lean as soon as i get everything back together. Also id like to know what everyone is running for clutching on this setup. already have a 10.4 and diamond drive has been regeared. i think its 55/65. thanks in advance

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Sounds like you might have to go old school and run it a little and check your plugs and your piston wash.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I did a CFR 600 last year we set up for mountains, dropped my 700 top on it. I didnt turn my boondocker up much in the top end, and little in mid. But i could have gotten away with adding no fuel at all, but it was when I was holding it WOT for more then 30s she started to get a tad hot. I did testing in a field boondocker was only on cause its cheap. So if anything I would put your fuel pressure back to stock then piss with it. I would have a programmer hooked up even if you dont need it you can still fine tune the bottom to top pretty easy.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
42 to 45lbs of pressure is fine. It will fluctuate based on elevation and pressure changes.

JordanWilliams

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2013
Eastern South Dakota
42 to 45lbs of pressure is fine. It will fluctuate based on elevation and pressure changes.

fuel pressure was 42 psi at 1700 ft elevation. havnt done anything to change it. im hoping to not have to buy a fuel control until next year when i pipe it. anyone have info on what they have had for clutching that worked well? sled has 10.4 secondary

Premium Features