• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need the M7 Experts on this one!

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Another thing to look at is the fuel injectors. I had a sled that would idle then limp, run good for a second then limp. Ended up being plugged fuel injectors. You-Tube has some good ways to clean them. I took them off, cleaned them up and sled ran great again.

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
No. If you put what you think is 'the bad' ECU on a 'Good' sled...all that can happen is it will make the 'good sled' run bad (like yours) if it IS in fact a BAD ECU.

Can you swap ECU s regardless of the symbol on them? For example take a "circle symbol" off and put a "triangle symbol" on to do the test. Or do the symbols have to match?
Thanks

N

Neckcitymt

Feb 8, 2016
Bozeman, Montana
My issues were due to dirty fuel injectors!!! pulled them out and created a pressurized system to clean the injectors, my sled is now running great. Removing the injectors is difficult, i ended up having to pull entire throttle body to get at the injectors. If you have a small torch, heat the screws that hold the fuel column on top of the injectors, they are extremely tight due to the amount of heat that area receives. Check videos on youtube for ways too clean injectors. Thank you to everyone who posted back, much appreciated.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
At that mileage should also look into a new or reBut secondary . The hub & bushing Bind and acts like your describing. Also check your barometric tube off the ecm for any blockages. It needs to be routed down

Premium Features