• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2" paddle track on 2002 srx viper. Need help with drivers?

Nov 17, 2009
What do i need to make a 2" track work on this sled? Pretty sure i need to go to an 8thooth driver. I also read about some drivers hitting the rail tips and need to be cut down. Are thier drivers out thier that you specially want to make this set up work were you do not run into that problem? Also i looked up the driveshaft part numbers on both this sled and a mountain max and are tge same number. Could i Potentially find a whole driveshaft from a moutain max and throw in this sled? Any help i would very much appreciate it. Thankyou

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Put on 1tooth smaller than stock extroverts and change bottom gear to get a 2:1 ratio in chaincase

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah i understand i need to go one tooth smaller which i beleive is an 8 thooth. I looking for suggestions on what brand drivers, if i could use an entire set from a moutain max, or maybe a link to what to buy. Thankyou

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Drivers - Wahls are fine. Avids are better. Shaft is the same on the srx and mountain max but in 2000 the shaft was changed slightly and is seen as being more durable. To get a 2" in there you'll need 8 tooth drivers.

Nov 17, 2009
Just thinkin it will be cheaper to buy a complete driveshft out if a mountain max it someone will say it will work. Here is a link to one on ebay. From what i count it is an 8 tooth.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121504759268?nav=SEARCH

I did read about some drivers hitting the rail tips. Defalenty want to stay away from this problem. Dont want to get into shaving the drivers down. Thankyou

Nov 17, 2009
The drive axel hare the same part number from what i see from a 2002 srx to a2001 mountain max. Now if your looking at it as a compleate then obviously they will have different numbers. The plain janes axels are the same. Can no one tell if the mountain max set up will work for the 2" track on the srx?

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
Yes, I M-Max axle will work in the SRX or Viper. As mentioned above. 8 tooth drivers. Avid or Wahls. The shaft in your link is a stock shaft and drivers. I would suggest getting the anti rachets. If you are going to this much trouble way skimp now?

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
The drive axel hare the same part number from what i see from a 2002 srx to a2001 mountain max. Now if your looking at it as a compleate then obviously they will have different numbers. The plain janes axels are the same. Can no one tell if the mountain max set up will work for the 2" track on the srx?

Going from a 9 tooth 2.52" driver to an 8 tooth will give you about .375" more clearance per side. look at the the clearance you now have add .375" and subtract the added length the 2" has over the track you are now running. That will give you an approximate clearance.

Y
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonds, WA
If you're looking for a complete set up I have the updated axle with 8T extroverts already installed. Out of a viper but will fit the SRX. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Chris

Premium Features