• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wyo Trip Recommendations - Jackson Area

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
I'm planning a trip to the Jackson area for Feb 2015. I've stayed in Jackson before and rode Mosquito Creek soley (which was awesome). Is there any other good riding in the area? (IE 30-40 min truck ride) We will be there for a week so we might want to trailer and explore a bit. We are advanced riders, not afraid of tough terrain.

Any cheap places to stay in that area like a small house or cabin?

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Last time I went to Togwotee, my buddy and I stayed at the Twin Pines Lodge in Dubuois and then trailered the sleds up to Towgwotee, it was about a 30 to 45 min drive. The Twin Pines Lodge was awesome, there is cabins to rent and we only paid 65 a night so it was really cheap.
http://www.twinpineslodge.com/

If you want to stay on the mountain, there is always Towgotee Mountain Lodge, but you will pay 150 or more a night!
http://www.togwoteelodge.com/

When I was there, we crossed the road from Togwotee Lodge and headed in to Backcountry/Trees! There is awesome riding less than 10 miles from the lodge!

Hope this helps,

RYan

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Lava Mountain Lodge between Dubios and Togwotee Mountain Lodge has a nice old cabin that sleeps 10-12 guys. Pretty reasonably priced. Less traffic than up by Togwotee, we have actually found much better snow down by Lava later in the year BUTT early season December-Jan snow will be much thinner down by Lava.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Alpine is also a good option to look into. I think its like an hour or so out of Jackson.

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
Alpine is also a good option to look into. I think its like an hour or so out of Jackson.

After some more research I'm really leaning that way. Being able to ride from lodging is huge plus! Any budget friendly reccomendations? The Rockin' Ranch looks pretty sweet.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have a question.... Why are you picking Jackson as your base camp? That's not many peoples first choice unless they are renting, taking a guided trip through Yellowstone, etc. Lodging is 3x's higher then places just 20 miles away and its not the most sledder friendly town.

I would recommend Alpine or Togwotee, both areas are great but Alpine will have less traffic. Eric

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I'm planning a trip to the Jackson area for Feb 2015. I've stayed in Jackson before and rode Mosquito Creek soley (which was awesome). Is there any other good riding in the area? (IE 30-40 min truck ride) We will be there for a week so we might want to trailer and explore a bit. We are advanced riders, not afraid of tough terrain.

Any cheap places to stay in that area like a small house or cabin?

If you like MC further down FC road past Red Top is Precherd Pass which connect you to miles and miles of snake river drainage the tracks to the south of the road take you there the track to the north of the road take you up Munger which if fun when the snow is deep ...If you have a pickup truck to throw your sled in parking up Teton Pass and riding up Phillips Canyon up to all that riding above Wilson and to the North gets incredibly deep underneath those big bowls up there.....Cliff Creek in the Hobacks has incredible steep & deep and you can go ridge to ridge dropping in all the way to Bondurant.....Granite Creek on the east side of the river is another awesome loop connecting Bondurant.....Just north of the airport you have Dog Creek which you can ride endless powder all the way to togwotte grab a burger, beer & refuel and ride fresh tracks all the way back....lot of great riding minutes from JH....Pop over the hill to Victor, Driggs lot of great riding there to.

DPG

S
Dec 7, 2007
We've been going to Alpine for the last 7-8 years and have stayed at the Flying Saddle every year, nothing but good to say about it. Nice place with nice rooms reasonably priced. Pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant all right there. Its about a mile or so sled ride to the trailhead from Flying Saddle. Although we've never stayed at Rockin M, we have rented sleds from Rob, he is an awesome guy. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed staying there either.

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
Crooked creeck is a great place to stay. It's in union pass about 20-25 miles from Tog around 10-15 miles from Dubios. There are all kinds of trails right out from the cabins then go out back county n find the deep stuff. You can ride the trails to tog, about a 1 1/2-2 hour ride. They have a great restaurant and bar, staff there is great. If snow is so so just trailer to the pass. Other wise stay in Dubios at Ricky Mountain Lodge they are cheep and some rooms have a stove and refrigerator. Trailer up to the pass 25-35 miles dump the sleds and away you go.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
We've been going to Alpine for the last 7-8 years and have stayed at the Flying Saddle every year, nothing but good to say about it. Nice place with nice rooms reasonably priced. Pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant all right there. Its about a mile or so sled ride to the trailhead from Flying Saddle. Although we've never stayed at Rockin M, we have rented sleds from Rob, he is an awesome guy. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed staying there either.
Hi. This is Rob with the Rockin' M. It really just depends on what you are looking for. Flying saddle is a nice place, they do have some smaller cabins, but are more of a hotel. We are just a bit different. If you are looking for more of the Bar scene and plan on eating every meal out then you will have to ride or drive 5 minutes into town from the Rockin' M or you may consider the Flying Saddle. Our cabins appeal to the guys who may like hanging out in the evening, playing some cards, having a barbeque, and sitting in the hot tubs. All of our cabins are fully equipped with full kitchens, pots, pans, and basic cooking supplies and have a large bar style table in the front room. There is a gas grill on the front deck. Plenty of room for parking and unhooking your trailer if you desire. We also have some great riding to the West within a half mile of the Cabins. We offer Polaris and Ski Doo Snowmobile rentals. I have been guiding snowmobile tours in the area for over twenty years. I am happy to share my knowledge with you to get head you in the right direction, depending on your riding style. I am also available to guide with enough notice. Call me anytime 307-654-2288 or check us out http://rockinmranchwyoming.com
Thanks, Rob

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
It may be an hour west of Jackson, but the riding up in the wind river mountain range is really nice. Especially in the national forest area. Theres a cabin we've been staying at near Dubois, WY called Warm Springs Lodge, very nice place and excellent riding out there!

www.wslodge.com

Premium Features