• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

revisit the Cooke

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
I like alpine. Has a couple 2 be apt for a pretty good price. We fit 5 or 6 guys no prob. Has full kitchen also. Or antlers cabin#7

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Soda is not bad I think they have remodeled some rooms I just think the other places are a little cheaper. I like alpine or antlers for larger groups if your going to cook your own meals and super 8

Nov 1, 2010
North Dakota (US)
I would definitely recommend Super 8. Everyone is friendly there, they let you set stuff in their lobby if you show up before check-in, and there is free breakfast. Also I believe there is a discount if you mention SnoWest.

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
ya the only hot tub I know of in town is the Elkhorn. I don't even think the Soda Butte has theirs in operation. I have never stayed at the Super 8 but don't think they have one.

I guess the Grizzly Pad house rental does have a hot tub. You probably remember this as a restaurant.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
there is nothing wrong with the super 8. their prices are fair. one thing that bothers me is they have nowhere to hang gear and no heaters. i think they have floor heat. coats and bibs are hard to get dryed out. and if you dont have boot dryers....your boots surely will be wet. my other grip about super 8 really has nothing to do with the quality of the facility or its owners................but i dont like driving for 6 hours, then 2 hours up a mountain to stay in a super 8 motel i can stay in at any town along the interstate. its all about the experience for me i guess. i like antler's cabins. some are nicer than others, but they are all maintained and cleaned. the owers, bill and kay, are the nicest business owners i have met in cooke. the first time we stayed there my buddy had a bottle break open in his clothes bag. we asked kay if they had a wash machine we could use because all of his clothes stunk like booze. she said the only thing she had was their industrial one for bed sheet, towels, etc...., and she didnt want to wash clothes in that. so she washed them attheir home in their personal washer, dried them, and had them folded on his bed when we got back from riding. that was the first time we stayed there and had never met them before. needless to say, we have been back there many times. those first impressions go a long ways....

the alpine, in my opinion, is a chit hole. i have stayed in 3 different rooms there, and only 1 was decent. one had little to no heat (thank goodness i was there with the wife and not the guys....we needed to cuddle). another room the shower leaked on the bathroom floor and into the wall (behind the shower wall). when you were in the living room, if you pushed your finger on the wall that was shared with the shower, you could push your finger through it.....thats how wet and moldy it was. i know stuff breaks and whatnot, but there was no maintenance or care that went into that room. i would guess the rest of the facility is no different.

i have never been in a room at the soda butte. i have always wanted to stay there though. i mean, booze, breakfast, supper, bed,........its all in one place. some say it could use updating. some say the beds suck. some say the price is high. but i cannot speak from experience.

Nov 13, 2008
Antlers is the only place in my opinion. Sure some cabins are nicer than others but we go to Cooke to ride. As long as their is a hot shower and a warm bed I'm fine with it. Bill and Kay are very nice also. Me and one other guy drove out to ride memorial weekend this past year and at the end of the day they invited us up to their place for a cookout. Bill borrowed me a couple tools I didn't bring with(new to snow bikes and didn't everything in my tool box). I feel their rates are reasonable also. Only way I'll stay somewhere else is if antlers is booked up.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The Soda Butte is gross. Stayed there for 4 days and it was about the most basic room I'd ever stayed in. Walls are paper thin and you could hear mice farting in the rooms next door. Bill out at the Antlers gave us tours of his cabins... we liked them. Plus Bill is a great guy and has good food at his place. That's where I'll be staying next time.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
well

Looks like Elkhorn or Antlers... I'll hafta see if old Whittle remembers the old Reserve Street Polaris days...

Premium Features