• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VES Vacum Solenoid Valve ?

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
I don't even know what to call this thing. It is the solenoid that the hoses from the VES valves hook to.
When I put my FNI air intake on it was in the way so I took it off.
Motor ran to abou 6500 and would cut it , so I put it back on.

Hoses are bypasses this thing is Ballist, how do I remove it and still have the engine run. Is there a resistor I can put in its place ?

14s rides in on my 900 this year. What a monster. Rode Trinity Mountain this weekend.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
the FNI bracket has slots in the plastic section that allows the metal holder to slide through it and remain in place..

you cannot bypass the solenoid..only the hoes...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
its a drain...alot of guys will extend it and route it through the pto side fender so it hangs down below the fender so the oil that drains through the exhaust valves will go in to the hose, and out down to the ground and not in the bulkhead under the motor..

but i would leave the solenoid where its at (to include the wiring harness, dont unplug it), remove all the hoses, plug your exhuast valves right where they come out of the motor...and ride it with cylinder pressure alone to actuate the valves...been like that on mine for the last 2months and its GREAT!!

good too see you back on here VJ.

V
Jun 23, 2008
Airdrie Alberta Canada
thanks sean!
ya its been a while sense i've been on here. i seen some pics of the sled on facebook! looks some sweet man!

plugging this off at the motor....what will i notice?

its a drain...alot of guys will extend it and route it through the pto side fender so it hangs down below the fender so the oil that drains through the exhaust valves will go in to the hose, and out down to the ground and not in the bulkhead under the motor..

but i would leave the solenoid where its at (to include the wiring harness, dont unplug it), remove all the hoses, plug your exhuast valves right where they come out of the motor...and ride it with cylinder pressure alone to actuate the valves...been like that on mine for the last 2months and its GREAT!!

good too see you back on here VJ.

Premium Features