• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Togwotee Snow Conditions

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
netcam.jpg

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its a start. weather looks good for the next week too. Maybe enough in another week for a road ride / break-in. Eric

E

elimn8r475

Jan 5, 2010
fargo, nd
just happend to glance at the togwotee lodge web cam and noticed the first sled of the year in the parking lot, it was in the back of the truck but hey, still there lol

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Don't laugh up on top of Tog Summit guys were testing on the Brooks Lake Trail at the top the other day. Wasn't there but guys I talk to were...14 miles worth trail ain't bad.

DPG

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Anyone ride today? Hows the snow, get much fresh from this last system? Thanks Eric

O

oneal30

Nov 6, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Step up TML!

It sure would be nice if someone from the lodge would post weekly conditions report on this thread. Look at Cooke City, Albany lodge, even the Big Horn's have someone that generally posts a, (generally), non biased report of the snow conditions, and what riders are saying.

You have multiple daily guides that are spanning acres upon acres of terrain. It'd be nice if someone would give a report.

The Cooke city report is great. (Bob's I believe?) He gives weekly updates to conditions, (good or bad) and what's happening at his lodge.

Am I off base here? Or is there somewhere else I can go to read about TML conditions?

Thanks fellas

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Decided to drive over and check it out today. It was a warm sunny day and I was just going to ride the roads/trails with the wife so it wasn't a big deal if it sucked. Got there around 11:30, tried to buy a couple trail passes but the 5 people unboxing new rental sleds didn't feel like selling any.
Oh well, I tried. Anyway, the snow is very thin. Trails from the lodge are "rideable" but lots of grass showing. Only rode about 20 miles. Found some meadows with about 20" in them but that's about it. I'm sure the good spots have around 3ft but I wasn't gonna keep riding on sage brush and grass to get to it. I only drove 75 miles but after seeing what's there I wouldn't drive 5 miles.
Start doing your snow dance !!!! Eric

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
Am I off base here? Or is there somewhere else I can go to read about TML conditions?
Thanks fellas

There are plenty of guys who post about conditions once the snow is good, but quite frankly there is nothing to report about because nobody is riding.

O

oneal30

Nov 6, 2009
Rapid City, SD
There are plenty of guys who post about conditions once the snow is good, but quite frankly there is nothing to report about because nobody is riding.

My comments really stem from the past not this year; I understand there hasn't been much activity this year.

It would be a nice service from TOG to participate on this forum is my point. I do appreciate the riders input as well; just an observation that would provide some value for people that drive hours on end to ride.

You can call the rental shop directly and get a report from them depending how busy they are.

Bring on the snow!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Tog reports on their Facebook page, plus Lefty puts pics up throughout the year on his Facebook page, and Carter updates throughout the season over johndee.com.

L

Lefty

Apr 26, 2008
Teton Valley
It sure would be nice if someone from the lodge would post weekly conditions report on this thread. Look at Cooke City, Albany lodge, even the Big Horn's have someone that generally posts a, (generally), non biased report of the snow conditions, and what riders are saying.

You have multiple daily guides that are spanning acres upon acres of terrain. It'd be nice if someone would give a report.

The Cooke city report is great. (Bob's I believe?) He gives weekly updates to conditions, (good or bad) and what's happening at his lodge.

Thanks fellas

Understand your frustration. However, the season hasn't even started. The lodge just opened up yesterday. There's yet to be a single guided trip go out. Of the few of them that are there, their assembling sleds & trying to wrap up other obligations. While us others are busy, doing the things that allow us to do what we do in the winter. After things get going, call the rental shop, around 4:30.. Ask about a report.

Premium Features