• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZBroz Racing a-arm front end kit.. or Holz Racing front end kit ?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I just did the swap on my '07

I can't speak for the zbroz front end, but I went holz it was cheap (on sale right now 330$), and it was the closest in dimensions to stock I could find it allowed for a 40",41",42" stance I believe stock is 39".

As far as the kit it's self, nicely made light weight chromemoly weighed much less then stock. Quick easy install kit came with everything I needed. Not sure how much abuse it's going to take but as heavy duty as my stock arms were they weren't able to hold up to the abuse either so. I figure a good enough stump is going to wreck it no matter what.

The downside which is the same for any kit, and I didn't realize until after the fact is going with a longer a-arm requires you go with longer shocks. You CAN install the holz front end with your stock shocks but they are two short, and the geometry will be off. It will lower you front end down as the short shocks pull up on the a-arms. With the zbroz kit I believe they smallest the have is a 43" stance which I think would change the geometry even more so if you wanted to retain your stock shocks.

In the end I purchased a set of longer Zbroz exit shocks for a forum member here (thanks throttlecable!) which I just received today and will install tonight. I'll give you an update once I have them installed which will take care of the geometry issues I'm having.

D
Oct 13, 2008
I have the zbroz kits on 2 07's. They make 2 different kits for it. One kit ( which I have is the narrower of the 2 and allows for the use of the stock shocks ). If you go with the wide kit you need to get longer shocks. Kits are well made and fit nicely. They are also a fair bit lighter and seem to be strong. I have bounced off lots of things and have only bent one lower arm. But then again a 15-20 mph hit on a 16" tree was probably the culpret. I would deffinetly buy from them again.

Premium Features