• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crooked Creek Guest Ranch - Dubois

S
Sep 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Thinking about staying at Crooked Creek Guest Ranch at the end of February. We've stayed at Togwotee several times but were thinking about changing it up a bit. We like to do moderate climbing (no Sledneck riders in our group) and boondocking in the trees and open meadows and would be renting sleds. Is there good riding close by or would we have to trail ride 30+ miles to get to the good areas? Crooked Creek is quite a bit cheaper but is it worth saving $400 per person staying there or do we eat it and stay at Togwotee? Thanks!

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
Been up there several times check out my post in Wyo Trip Recommendations - Jackson Area.
Great place way cheaper than tog!
You can ride out from there or trail up to the turn outs and ride from there.
<hr style="color:#e8e8e8; background-color:#e8e8e8" size="1">

C

CCGR Guide

Hello Ski Dog glad to hear you are interested in staying with us. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but, I was excited to see our name in the thread. My name is Nick my wife and I manage Crooked Creek.

As you probably know we are on the same trail system as TML. From what I can tell we have everything your looking for (trees, meadows &, hills). Typically we can ride out of the ranch from Thanksgiving until mid April. We rent 800cc Ski-Doo and Arctic Cat sleds. We have guides, gas, gear and, lodging.

If you haven't already been on our website check it out. If you have any questions give us a call 307-455-2815.

Mar 10, 2013
We are going to Crooked Creek Jan 1-6! Staying at the big house, this will be our first time to crooked creek.

Nick is there some good climbs and technical trees fairly close to the resort or do you have to venture out pretty far?

C

CCGR Guide

You never have to go real far to find good things. At the most 10-15 miles when we haven't had any snow for a while. If the snow is good you can ride a mile from the lodge all day. I like to ride technical trees too. If you get off the trail and look for it there is plenty of that kind of riding close. Thats one of the good things about riding in our area, we don't have nearly the volume of people down here. We may not get as much snow in places but, there is far less people so finding un-tracked powder is easier.

Last edited:

Hail Yea

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2010
Crooked Creek

I have been riding this area since 1998 and when there is good snow it's a great place to ride without all the traffic from TML. I do like TML as well but it gets really busy at times. Grab a guide for a day and it will be money well spent.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
We have rented sleds from crooked creek the past couple seasons. This year will be the first year we are staying with them. They have a great operation there and Nicks right you don't have to go far to find some good riding and you stay out of the TML mess of people.

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
The riding around there is absolutely phenomenal! The CD trail is very close to Crooked Creek, and from the CD you can take lots of smaller trails thatll lead to open fields for boon docking and many other things. Plus ive been staying at a cabin near Crooked Creek. We go down to the bar/restaurant most nights, and its a great friendly atmosphere there!

It would be hard for you not to have a great time there!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Chagrin Falls, OH
we rent a house in that area and some guys rent from crooked creek. they seem like good folks and the riding is solid. Honestly, and I may get flamed for this, if there is good snow the riding is a commodity between the two areas. we know of plenty good climbing areas and boon docking opportunities.

C

CCGR Guide

Thanks for all the good reviews guys. The snow is piling up I haven't had a chance to ride yet. From what I have heard from the hunters in the area the snow is about 18"-24+" not far from here and we have about a foot in the yard. We will try to get out early this week. I will post some pictures or even a video if I can. You can check out videos from the last few years on our YouTube channel.

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
383 COMPOUND GETTING SLED FEVER

Hello Crooked Creek Crew. Would like to make a trip out to see you mid to late January. How's it looking so far?:face-icon-small-coo

Mar 10, 2013
Are you currently able to ride from the lodge to get places or are you better off driving up the pass further? We are coming the first week of January and just wondering what the snow is currently like?

C

CCGR Guide

We have been riding from the lodge for about 3 weeks now. The snow we have is getting pretty set up, it hasn't snowed much in the last week. The base should be pretty good this year, the snow we have gotten was heavy. We have 2-4 feet depending on elevation. We are supposed to get more this weekend so keep your fingers crossed. Groomers have been out and all of the trails are marked now. I will try to keep up with snow conditions, as best I can, throughout the winter. If your curious just give us a call 307-455-2815.

C
Nov 15, 2014
Littleton, CO
Save your money and enjoy crooked creek. Its a blast and if you want to bar hop, you can go to line shack bar (I've heard that the bar only is going to open again this year). Riding is no different than togowtee. We usually spend our time in the trees and meadows, not a ton of hill climbing, compared to CO in my opinion. But its a great place and much cheaper than tog. I have never used their guides, but never heard any complaints. Ypubwont be disapponted unless you want to spend more money. Now all we need is more snow.

LB1

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2013
Broomfield, CO
The snow must be getting deep, even the moose are checking out a new ski doo to rent

attachment.php

Premium Features