• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 800 PRO Mods?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
OK just do it...everything you have said SCREAMS "trim that track". You WILL love this modification. Based on your comments I am absolutely CERTAIN that you will like the results.

The bad thing is your buddies are all going to think your turbo is so magnificently powerful when a good portion of your performance is going to be hook up.

So now knowing what we know on your deal. Trim and test...then you might try one more additional deal. I put two hex headed 1" screws in each paddle lug of the center but not on the outside so that they don't tear up your cooler covers. I didn't want to install protective strips which is what you have to do if you run screws in every lug. Like I said in my last post that ate some RPM's but I had really good drag racing hook up...plus it still went up a good hill in deep heavy snow REALLY REALLY GOOD. I'm theorizing here for your application but I think that will be YOUR TICKET.

Ok you have convinced me! Will start to cut my track when I get the time to go to the garage :) Also, do you got a picture of the track with the screws in? Would like to see how it look. Only negative thing is that here in Norway, its not allowed to use screws or stud on a track in a drag race. But would be cool to se how it would work on really hard packed snow and ice :)

Thans for all the advice, much appreciated!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Ok you have convinced me! Will start to cut my track when I get the time to go to the garage :) Also, do you got a picture of the track with the screws in? Would like to see how it look. Only negative thing is that here in Norway, its not allowed to use screws or stud on a track in a drag race. But would be cool to se how it would work on really hard packed snow and ice :)

Thans for all the advice, much appreciated!

Halloen Sunvang!

Have been thinking about Rob's mod to. Last winter on crusted snow the nose would lift just an inch, then I heard the wining of the track gaining speed...

The sled would NOT gain much speed.

And this is a stock sled with some clutching.

I'll wait until winter and check out the before/after feeling of the sled.

RS

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Hallo Hallo!

Yes im considering it, and belive ive made the conclusion to do it, but it's so hard to physicaly do it! :p And I can see how it will have a great effect on track speed, and maybe it will be better on hard packed snow since the lugs get stiffer. :)

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
i've cut mine down now.thrust Fbombs advice.should suit norwegian average snow conditions well.hoping to see some increase in trackspeed in fluff:face-icon-small-ton

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Since the timing seems to play such a vital role in the DTR runs... I'm wondering what the results would be with stock exhaust, stock head, no shim BUT adding the timing key and the PC-5?? (no speculation.... just a real world test)

Same question, has anyone tried the advanced timing key on an otherwise stock sled? Is so how did it work?
I know back on the M7's the advanced timing key worked quite well on a stock sled.

Thanks

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Same question, has anyone tried the advanced timing key on an otherwise stock sled? Is so how did it work?
I know back on the M7's the advanced timing key worked quite well on a stock sled.

Thanks
I would bet it wont pull it stock(without raising octane)..you can get away with it when you shim the cylinders due to how much its changing the port flow/filling in the chambers..but just adding timing is gonna get you in deto I would think..these motors stock have so much port duration on a pretty short rod ratio which is why you see such a low static compression, and why bumping compression helps them so much...

K

kovs

Nov 29, 2007
saskatchewan
update

I was poking around asking about the shim kit, apparently they have to do some more testing, getting some deto in the field so they have to work on it.
not what i wanted to hear, dang

K

kovs

Nov 29, 2007
saskatchewan
bmp

i see bikeman perf has kits on their website with the timing and cyl shim.
emailed them some questions today, awaiting my reply tomorrow anxiously

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I was poking around asking about the shim kit, apparently they have to do some more testing, getting some deto in the field so they have to work on it.
not what i wanted to hear, dang

TTT

Any news here?? A kit like this/Bikeman would give some power gains and you could still easily exchange your monoblock if you found some hairline cracks.

RS

Premium Features