• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer flooring??

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Looking at doing something with the floor in my enclosed trailer. What options have you found to work well?? I like the checker floor look, do tiles hold up to carbides on sleds?

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
I would guess not much out there will hold up to carbides. You could do the tile then put ski guides so they aren't running on the tile, or just get the skates that go on the skis with wheels so you can drive them in without touching the tile.

F
Nov 27, 2007
check out the snowmobile section.... they have pics of checkered carpet squares.. looks cool and supposed to last a long time.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
flooring would be slick as snot! I use a good oil base paint with sand or other traction mixed in. I use alot of it. On the skiis I always put on ski slips (slp) and the floor holds up well. Repaint it every year if you want it to always look new.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I did my enclosed in this stuff RUMBER. I have two seasons of nearly every weekend loading/unloaing 4 sleds with no ski glides and no sign of wear yet. I love this stuff. Sled grabs on it good, no sliding around under way. You can broom it out real easy or wash it with a garden hose. It doesn't get slick either. Worth a look. EW

You can kinda see it here in the main area with Super Glides going over the fenders

100_6666.jpg

100_6665.jpg

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I did my enclosed in this stuff RUMBER. I have two seasons of nearly every weekend loading/unloaing 4 sleds with no ski glides and no sign of wear yet. I love this stuff. Sled grabs on it good, no sliding around under way. You can broom it out real easy or wash it with a garden hose. It doesn't get slick either. Worth a look. EW

You can kinda see it here in the main area with Super Glides going over the fenders

100_6666.jpg

100_6665.jpg
That looks nice! Did you install it in place of the wood floor or over the top of the wood floor? How much does it cost?

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I ordered it as an option, it is screwed directly to the trailer frame work, no wood under. I don't know what the bulk material costs, the web site should be able to point ya in the right direction. EW

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
My enclosed trailer was Line-x and it worked great, it was the floor and about 2 feet up the walls, the carbides didn't tear into it at all, it held up great for all the years I had the trailer.

Premium Features