• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1998 doo mach 1 700 wiring harness cross over

P
Wondering if anybody knows if the wiring harness for a 98 formula 700 will work on a 98 mach1 700. I cant find a web site with part numbers to compare so I thought I would check you guys. Im not really conerned with the hood harness but everything from the hood to the tank melted (fuel fire) Thanks guys!

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
I shoulda chimed in yesterday...

My experience is with S-chassis sleds... but from what I have seen, 'Doo pretty much used the same harness regardless of model. Only differences i have seen from sled to sled seems to be if the sled had DPM or not. Harnesses for those sleds ARE different. But if it is just your run-of-the-mill ignition system, they are all the same.

I would think that the CK3 would be similar....

A
Oct 16, 2009
The f111 700 and mach1 are both ck111 chassis and they all came from the factory with harness issues,where the harness runs under the engine it only had one layer of elec. tape wraped around it.The harness rubs on the floor of the b.h. and shorts,giving lighting and ignition problems.To fix add loom.

P
what is DPM? Im new to sleds and skidoo so I really dont know the differences between models. My issue is my sled caught fire but, I fully intend on looming the crap out of it and Im even going to use the heat resistant stuff where heat could be an issue. Putting that silver stuff on my fuel lines too! Is the ignition box under the engine? I saw a box under there but I havnt pulled the engine yet. If it is Im sure its toast as well.

A
Oct 16, 2009
The cdi is located under the engine and is programed to the teather. The 98 f111 and mach 1 are the same machine for the most part. You will need to buy a cdi for a mach 1 however.

Premium Features