• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3rd time back to dealer??

S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
So earlier this year I posted and inquired about an annoying bog that would happen when riding my new 14 Pro 163. Took it to the dealer and they said my TSS was out of adjustment, still a bog. Second time to the dealer they said it was a loose injector wire, still a bog. Now the third time and they say its the mag side injector which has failed according to the computer 9 times so they are replacing the injector rail and both injectors. Hopefully this fixes the problem! However what was most alarming is that the mechanic told me the computer also had 61 overheat conditions and 31 limp mode conditions. I called BS and told him that I have been riding in great snow conditions all season as well constantly watch the temp gauge and the hottest was this last weekend at 196 deg. pulling a little trailer into a backcountry cabin. Mostly it runs 125-130 in good conditions or with the scratchers down but there is no way the sled overheated 61 times and definitely did not go into limp mode, which according to the mechanic is running on one cylinder. So I asked when the computer registers an overheat condition and he told me 205 deg. and I can guarantee that sled, at least according to the gauge, never reached 205 even once. Can anyone give me some info at what temp the sled will actually record an overheat or limp mode. I am just not buying what he is laying down if you know what I mean.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I went thru the same bog issues as you did.Was very annoying on a new machine. I was also told TSS at first which I was sceptical and suspected injectors after research on snowest. Finally with new injectors it ran good. Something going on with multiple codes as they said my TSS code tripped over 20 times.I feel your pain ,see my post
Glad my season s over.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Engine Temperature Limit ModesModelHot LampThreshold*600/800
DC-CFI 2/4 Hot Lamp ONHot Lamp Illuminates:
Idle = 230° F/110° C
WOT = 185° F/85° C

Hot Lamp FLASH Hot Lamp Flashes
RPM Misfire at:
Idle = 239° F/115° C
WOT = 208° F/98° C
* = Only minimum (idle) and maximum (WOT) parameters listed.

Last edited:
S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
bog

so the sled does run on one cylinder in limp mode? That would be noticeable. There is no way according to those specs that the sled has overheated. Something between the computer and guage is not jiving. Thanks for the info.

Premium Features