• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog issue when the front end comes up

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
having a wierd bog issue when I catwalk the sled. and only when I catwalk the sled. I am thinking maybe its fuel filter time. Would it be possible that when the engine is above the tank the filter is too plugged to allow sufficient fuel flow from the tank

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Check your fuel lines inside the tank. Buddy had an issue last year where the back pick up was messed up so climbing or cat walking when the tank was around half full he wasn't picking up any fuel...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Add 1 or 2 grams to the primary. Sounds like its getting the rev limiter when the front comes up....

Leftys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2010
Idaho
I'm betting the fuel pick up lines rotted off...

Second that. I have replaced many lines in tanks due to this issue. There are two pickups in the tank that are in series. There is one under the pump that is connected in series to one at the rear end of the tank. The fuel lines that connect the fuel system in the tank will deteriorate over time due to being continually drown in fuel from the inside and out. If the fuel line to the rear pickup becomes disconnected and the front pick up has no fuel, pressure will be lost in the system, therefore no fuel injector pressure.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
I had a similar issue, ended up replacing fuel pump assy! Mine would whine or squeal like it was starving for fuel at an idle. So start it up nose high and see if it happens. Jmo.

Premium Features