• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost my kill switch cover - where do I get another?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I had the classic over-the-bars crash last season, due to Polaris's wonderful ski rubbers:face-icon-small-dis I did an awesome flip, but somehow managed to hit the kill stitch and poped the red cover off. Looked all over, but couldn't find it in the deep snow.

So it seems that you have to purchase the complete assembly for $50 (2012 RMK Assault). I'm a cheapskate. Is there a place that sells just the cover? Or an aftermarket kill switch that'll fit a 2012 RMK? The local parts shop didn't have one.

Part number for the assembly is 4012268 or 4013380. Does SPI make one that will work?

It's tempting to buy an RSI throttle block, but again, I'm a cheapskate.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Remove the kill switch all together. Just use a tether. I have orings under my cover so I cannot accidentally hit it. I use the key or tether to shut it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I much prefer a "slap switch" that stays off when you hit it.

Some people use rubberbands etc to keep the stocker open unless you hold it closed... I've had to slap the switch when the throttle stuck and the sled took off... the slap switch that stayed closed saved the sled and probably some injury too.

You can get a whole switch off ebay for $15 including shipping ... from a different model and harvest the cap from that one.

Food for thought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231180303673

$_12.JPG

fastmnstealth

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2010
Big Lake, MN
I much prefer a "slap switch" that stays off when you hit it.

Some people use rubberbands etc to keep the stocker open unless you hold it closed... I've had to slap the switch when the throttle stuck and the sled took off... the slap switch that stayed closed saved the sled and probably some injury too.

I'm one of those "people". I would hit it with my belly (six pack of course) at the worst time. Put a rubber o-ring on and it solved the problem....but created a new one.

We had a ghost rider in my group this winter. No tether on a very long moderate hill. We were able to ride up to it and hit kill. With rubberband, we would not have been able to kill the sled before it got into the trees. Not a stuck throttle, but it was moving pretty good nonetheless.

New Style Polaris switch resolves my issue. I always ride with a tether, but doesn't help with belly shot...my buddy above now does too.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Kill switch and a tether = Almost all problems solved. 2 weekends ago my tether stopped working 3500 ft up on the top of a mountain just after the climbed. So I disconnected it and I just used my kill switch the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Premium Features