• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen II simmons skis

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
had a set on my apex and loved them.. saved them to put on my tm1 this year.. :D.. for the deep stuff they are the only way to go IMO.. a little squirly on the trail though.. :D

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
A great ski for floatation but...

.....not so much for tree riding. Powder Pros or even the stockers are more aggressive and are a much better ski for boondocking in my opinion. OK, I know I've opened the door for criticism so blast away!

Installed two sets of Gen II's on our Rev's prior to last season.
The floatation is great, as well as the overall handling and steering of the sled. I'm sure that they saved me from having to dig out on more then a few occasions due to the way they plane up so quickly.

While they are wider, boondocking was only an issue in the tightest tree sections... There is about an inch and a half of overlap when the sleds are on the trailer.

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
i love mine on my turbo nytro. great floaters for sure but one huge benefit is when coming down something really steep that is maybe rutted or bumped out. i've been on stuff that actually flipped a guyss sled over from the speed and darting on the down-ride but with the simmons-gen 2s, i could almost come down with my hands off the bars...totally stable.

great skis!

jeff

M
Nov 27, 2007
Kennewick, WA
ok, honest opinion...

I have them on my M1000. I've had the Gen 1's for years. They smoke the cat stockers but in all honesty I would rather have the gen 1's on my sled. They give better floatation that's for sure but as far as overall handling, they are not as good across the board as the Gen1's. When I'm at a complete stop and try to turn around or pull my sled in a power turn from a stop it takes a small country mile to get the sled turned around. On the trail they rock and climbing they seem to handle quite nice. They do croud the trailer a bit but not a big deal. I can't coment on side hilling as there was sooooo much snow last year it's not a fare assesment as you could side hill on two pieces of plywood last year as the snow was so deep. All in all, I would prefer the Gen1's over the Gen two's.

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
Matt- it's great to hear someone else say that too. While mine floated a lot better up front, it didn't turn as well as I like. It lays over fine just doesn't turn as well. I'm not bashing their product, it's just not for me.

I can't compare the Gen 1 to the Gen II, however both of our Rev's turn on a dime. Like you mention, just turning around from standing still. Prior to this with the stock pilot ski's, well not so much...

I have heard some riders say that suspension set up in front plays a role?

Premium Features