• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Unable to lubricate my suspension :O

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I tried searching in google and I have no found anybody having similar problem. So my sled is a 2015 model and I did grease my rear suspension through the zerks multiple times last year. Now I am trying to prepare my machine for a new season and there is no way I can get any grease into the zerks. It seems like they are clogged or something and all the grease is coming out at the chuck of the pistol grease instead of getting into the zerk and inside the suspension. This is a professional pistol grease of a german production and it worked perfectly last year, this problem is showing at all the zerk locations. Any idea how to go around it? Do I have to disassemble entire rear suspension to figure this out? any help would be appreciated

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Make sure the gun has a good connection to the zerk and it isn't just leaking. Otherwise clean and replace the zerks if necessary.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Spin the zerks out, replace them and try that.

Brother's sled had the same issue a couple years back, did that and all was good.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I will try and replace zerk, however is that not strange that all of them suddenly became broken? also I removed one and inspected by hand, seemed to be fine :)

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
I will try and replace zerk, however is that not strange that all of them suddenly became broken? also I removed one and inspected by hand, seemed to be fine :)

did the zerk take grease once it was removed?

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
before you replace all your zerks there is a simple way to check them. take a metal pick and depress the small spring loaded ball in the center of the zerk fitting.
it is there keep the grease in,if they become stuck closed they dont allow grease in. Hope this helps:face-icon-small-coo

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
there is also a tool that you can buy from a parts store that you fill with oil and attach to the zerk fitting then tap/hammer the end of the tool and it forces the oil into the zerk fitting to flush out the zerk. Hope this helps.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I removed zerk, it took grease when removed, put the same zerk back, lubrication now works perfectly, thank you all :)

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If the zerk is giving you a warning that it isn't liking to take grease, I would suspect the rest of the grease channels would need a cleaning as well.

Good time to pull the rear skid and break it down to clean the cross shafts and tubes. Disassemble the idler wheel bearings and clean/grease them.

Put everything back together. It will surprise you how responsive the suspension will be after that. I even found a broken FTS spring when I did mine since the break was hidden up in the rubber sleeve.

Premium Features