• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Aftermarket Gauge System with Mapping

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
any more info on this?

how's the testing going? will it be ready for next winter?

I like it much more than the deluxe poo gauge.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Testing is going extremely well on Arctic Cat sleds. I should have a prototype on Polaris sleds working in the next month or two. After that I have a bunch of redesign work on the mount and case to bring it into production form. The actual software is about 2/3rds done and completely usable.

My website has updated information:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

Distance%20Shot-Resized.jpg

Last edited:

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Finally I can watch "Sex in the City" while donuting in the parking lot!!!!

Seriously, great work!

I was thinking towards .. Chris Burandt Schooled 4-5 so I can do the bowtie by the numbers !!

This would be a great product with a camera input also .. Maybe with a GoPro adapter
Would be a great tuning tool with one. You could record a run and watch Clutch Sheeve position while also tracking Pulse Width and TPS .. way above my skills but I know the possibilities with a input for Video !!

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
So cool, but, as far as durability, is the screen gonna stand up to the cold and possible roll-over scenarios? How well is the screen working during the ride on cold days, and does it work with gloves on? My Samsung Galaxy S5 works actually very well in the cold, and I can use it normally with my thinner gloves on. The big downside is battery life though. I kinda want one of these gauges, but I'm a little concerned about buying another tablet just for my sled, then bashing through branches and rolling it over to get it un-stuck.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
So cool, but, as far as durability, is the screen gonna stand up to the cold and possible roll-over scenarios? How well is the screen working during the ride on cold days, and does it work with gloves on? My Samsung Galaxy S5 works actually very well in the cold, and I can use it normally with my thinner gloves on. The big downside is battery life though. I kinda want one of these gauges, but I'm a little concerned about buying another tablet just for my sled, then bashing through branches and rolling it over to get it un-stuck.

It has been standing up to the cold quite well. Also, it doesn't actually get that cold due to engine heat being funneled up through the hood. It helps keep water off the screen really well actually.

As for roll overs, I haven't rolled my sled with it on yet. The display is removable, and the mount is designed to be beefy. In fluffy snow it won't be an issue.

The screen requires bare fingers, so gloves need to come off. I'm building a glove friendly control system however.

Battery life won't be an issue. The display uses a battery only when the sled isn't running, and the screen times out after the sled is shutdown if you don't start playing with it. It turns back on automatically when you start the sled.

You won't be buying a separate tablet. The display will come with the gauge system.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
All Spring and Summer I've been concentrating on getting the hardware for the NS1 Gauge System ready for this coming winter. The display and the mount for Polaris sleds is effectively done (the nuts in the display hold downs are temporary, and the brackets will be farther apart). The electrical interface board is in what I believe is the second to last version. It's working on both Polaris and Arctic Cat sleds now.

There's a bunch of software and firmware work that needs to be done, but it is still on track for beta testing by riders out in the Mountains in October, and hopefully will be for sale in December. I'm still planning for a limited release this season, with maybe 20 to 40 gauge systems being produced. The estimated price is about $650.

The gauge faces will be updated before it becomes available. For example, the text gauge will have a slower update rate, and more rounded values to make it easier to read. Other size gauge faces will be available too.

I will be at Haydays again this year at the White Out Technologies booth with a couple fully functional NS1 Gauge Systems mounted on hoods for those you would like to see it in person.

I'm quite interested in feedback and suggestions!

Below are some videos and pictures I took of the gauge system while I was testing it today:

Here's the driver's view of the gauge installed:

Here's a side view of the gauge installed:

Here's a picture of the Polaris mount without the display installed:

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
will you be flashing Arctic Cat gauges at Hay Days?

Yep, I will be reflashing gauges at the Whiteout Technologies Hay Days Booth this year agai too. The Hay Days in person price will be $79 for the standard reflash, and $99 for the AFR and boost version. This year I will also have clock batteries for reflashed gauges on 800s without electric start.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Any update on the Gauge?

Doing Beta testing at the moment. I have a couple pressing issues that I'm guessing will take a couple weeks to address (only folks riding consistently are in Canada).

I'm running about a month behind schedule, so mid to late January it should be available for early adopters.

Here's a picture of the mostly final version:

Premium Features