• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CE 2.5?

H
Oct 22, 2013
Hi folks just bout a 2015 pro 800 and I have a near brand new CE 2.5 that I had on my m1000 and I absolutely loved it. My stupid question is will the 153x15x2.5 3" pitch track fit on the 155? I understand that I would have to change the drivers to the 3" pitch and also would I have to drop to 7 tooth for that 1/10"? Any info would be appreciated.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yes... I assume you have the Camplast 9174M track?? ... With that track Run the AVID drivers.

I worked with Robbie at Avid a few years back to come out with new style driver for these tracks... smoother than the center drive configurations... and much smoother than the old school "Whal Bros Style" drivers that ride on top of the steel track clips.

Is your 2015 "PRO" truly a "PRO RMK" or a PRO-Ride Chassis "RMK"... ie, does it have an aluminum driveshaft or a steel one?

This driver if you have a chaincase equipped sled... with Steel Driveshaft (AKA ...Std. RMK) very popular choice in 2015)
CLICK HERE

Or This if you have a Quick Drive (belt drive) equipped sled... With an aluminum driveshaft (AKA..."PRO-RMK")
CLICK HERE

A small consideration...You will need to cut the nose of your rails to clear the drive teeth... (shorten by about an inch)
Many people make a big deal about this... but for me... and hundreds of other that I've talked about this with...ZERO issues.

Run a nice "Anti-stab" kit on the front of the trimmed rail for good extra measure.
CLICK HERE

Make sure you run factory tension, as prescribed in the owners manual, on the track... Tracks looser than that cost you performance.

Also...if the sled has any miles on it at all.. when you have the skid out of the sled... Pull out all the cross shafts, clean the tubes and shafts and re-grease with a good grease... good time to service the spring adjusters as well.. both outlined in separate threads.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Since you are new to this sled and brand...

You say "gear ratio"...

Again, need to know which model of 2015 you have... chaincase or QuickDrive

Gearing choices about for the Chaicase equipped sleds..
IMO... Run the 20/44 or the 20/45 gearing... 74 pitch chain.

If you have a quickdrive sled... you will need to buy a geardown kit from TKI, Kurts etc... $595 - $699... includes tensioner and different belt (a plus)
IMO... Go with this track... I'd prefer the 2.25:1 or 2.33:1 ratio of the TKI to the 2.41:1 of the Kurts... with the relative comparitive ratio as compared to the 8 tooth stock drivers... it would feel like a 2.41:1/2.53:1 (TKI) vs. 2.63:1 (Kurts)

http://shop.tkicnc.com/2013-15-Polaris-Belt-Drive-TKI-BDPB2B.htm

http://www.kurtspolaris.com/kurts-p...ar-down-kit-2458-detail.htm?productid=-480065

See this chart
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369638

Last edited:
H
Oct 22, 2013
and I never give it a thought that I would have to go to a different QD setup, that's a chunk of change I might have to rethink this whole track swap deal

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Many run it with what ends up, for the QD sleds, 2.35:1 "comparitive ratio"

With that mid length track... it may work out well for you.

However,
The drivers are still $275 approx delivered add another $85 for the stab kit ($360).

H
Oct 22, 2013
it is the the 9174m track and what you were saying earlier I would be able to get away with just swapping out the drivers cuz idk bout dropping $700 just for the tki kit

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
...IMO, the best "Swiss Army Knife" of a track offered... and what the new Series 6, 2.6" track copied for the most part.

There's a reason why Camo never offered this exact lug (2.5, non-serrated) in a 2.86 pitch centerport, as good as the 9174/5 worked. And never will.

They had to be working with poo on the series 6 2.86 pitch, and poo knew the 2.6 wouldn't fit stock in a pro-ride without a driver change, unlike the 9104/5. (The 9104 can fit a stock Pro-ride without a mandatory driver change.)

The new track creates excitement and one more incentive to move from the Pro-ride to the Axys. Poo sells more new sleds. Camo gets the track sale either way. 99% of the time the buyer cannot tell the difference between a 2.5 or 2.6, but, it sure feels good on the snow. Marketing.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I already had the 2.5 ce just wondering how much track speed change there would be with the 7 tooth 3" pitch

Depending on your clutching.
Stock clutching often benefits from a slight geardown.
Under load after compensation for the under drive factor shows a gain in trackspeed.
Only quantified by the butt dyno. :)
Which is subjective to.
Snow conditions
The different track.
Humidity
Altitude
Memories of last year
Purchase justification (mental horsepower)
Monster stickers
And of course obamas latest tee time.

Premium Features