• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo kits for the XM!?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well was checking out Silber Turbo's website earlier and noticed he is going to be doing kits of the XM as well as the Kitties this year. If they are anything like his pro kits this is going to be awesome news for the DOO crew. All bolt on and a very reasonable price, with pump to race gas capabilites out of every kit.:face-icon-small-coo

check it out!!

Silberturbos.com

R
Apr 20, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
I talked to him last week when the set up showed up on the website. They are still working on a few things for the XM kit but should be good to go around dec. Sounded like they were just fine tuning the clutching.
And I agree, if they are as sweet and bulletproof as the Pro kit is, i will be owning one.

O
Aug 19, 2011
Dobeck on a e-tec? lol. Dobeck is ok on ac sleds, nothing else. I think its because these suzuki engines isn`t that sensitive in the mid range as polaris. I know there is alot of people that had alot of problems with the mid range adjustement on polaris with the dobeck, and big problems in general with these boxes.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We wont be releasing the XM kits until a little later in the season. We will make sure to post up some eye candy as the production parts become available.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I think every turbo kit should have a year in the field before release. They all have first year problems and that goes for all manufacturers.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Ya ha

Out West, could you paste the posts to which you refer these problems? I did my research on Silber. As I could tell, one (1) disgruntled customer and I might add it wasn't from the kit but Justin. As we all know you can't please 10 out of 10 people all the time...... Next to impossible!
The rest, I would gather (majority) of customers were happy (customers).
Tell my why I shouldn't consider running a "Dobeck" box on a Doo..... Prove to me......... Than I will laugh with you........ Until then...hogwash
LOL

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Out West, could you paste the posts to which you refer these problems? I did my research on Silber. As I could tell, one (1) disgruntled customer and I might add it wasn't from the kit but Justin. As we all know you can't please 10 out of 10 people all the time...... Next to impossible!
The rest, I would gather (majority) of customers were happy (customers).
Tell my why I shouldn't consider running a "Dobeck" box on a Doo..... Prove to me......... Than I will laugh with you........ Until then...hogwash
LOL

Lol you really think there is only one disgrunteled customer with any builder whether it being silber or any builder. It was funny i was at the puyallup snow show checking out the silber and while i was there for like 10 minutes had two guys stop and talk to someone that was there and they both said the same thing had bad low end bog and they are getting rid of theres. Not knocking silber in any way just saying. I personally rode with a guy that had a silber last year and the thing had a horrible bog after you let of and hit it again. The guy did everything and couldnt get it working very well. Hes got a new kit this year so well see how it works for him this year.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Well then

That is what I'm saying I found by looking through the PRO turbo threads. I didn't see one thing about bogs or bad fueling boxes. I don't own a Silber kit or have any affiliation with them. I was considering an ETEC kit therefore I tried to do some digging. Maybe I missed it, or maybe it wasn't posted.
Thanks for bringing light to it.
That is why I asked for the pasted posts. I'm sure it would be a discussion if it were a problem.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Etec B O G

I guess it is well known that the ETEC has an Einstein brain, therefore it has been hard to fuel for ALL boxes (companies). Does anyone have a crisp turbo setup for the Etec? No low end bogs. No low end misses.
This year we shall see.

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Look under the Skidoo Turbo Sec. Chris From Dobeck posted a clip from teasting on Monday. Looks and sounds great. The electronics this year from Dobeck are sweet! I updated my 12 Pro kit to the 13 kit parts and sled runs awesome.

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
When I was at silbers place he couldn't stop talkin bout his new xm kit and swore after I ride it I will be jumping ship.
Doubt that will happen but really opened my eyes.

Premium Features