• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 Mountain Max Mod

H
Mar 4, 2014
My Mountain Max is a bad boy! Lightened 'er up with a Fabcraft front end, aftermarket tunnel and lightweight hood. The power plant has some mods like port work and head work, ya know, the normal stuff, prolly shouldn't firget to mention the boondocker nitrous kit also...fabbed up a pivot block to accommodate a Polaris 10" riser and handle bars. Lays over super easy now. The best improvements was realized when I finally hot around to installing the 154x16"x2" track...night and day difference! This sled gets up on the snow and floats so nice, it is effortless riding it now. I guess really the only thing left to do would be to put a MX style seat on, although I'm compltely comfortable strapping my pack to the tunnel and using that. I find that I don't sit a whole lot so it's no big thing to me to lose 12 pounds of foam and vinyl. Its priceless when I roll up on a group of Pro's, XP's, and M series stuff in a random bowl somewhere and put THE mark on the hill, even better is on the way down, I'll dip my shoulder and cut it right back up for an encore poke lol...happy marking fellas ...

image.jpg

Last edited:
H
Mar 4, 2014
We ride the extreme Northern Panhandle of Idaho, an area at the Idaho Montana border that is Lookout Pass, a little in the Taft Area, and the North Cascades Mountains...Steep and deep is where I like to go lol

image.jpg

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
What kind of head work did you do, just have it shaved? I'm running a peak head, but I picked up an '01 that needs a top end, might do some mods to it while I have it apart.

Premium Features