• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
S
Nov 5, 2013
Hey guys, got a 97 mountain max 700. Finally got some decent powder out here and When trying to boondock in deep snow the sled looses almost all power and bogs out, but when its upright it has no issues. Almost seems like the clutch is ****ed an the belt is slipping. I noticed a fair amount of snow coming through the front vents and a hole on the clutch side, could that be the problem? I am praying i don't have to get another clutch. Any and all help is appreciated guys! Thanks

K

kingofthemountain

Dec 21, 2008
Golden, Colorado
If it only happens when you are carving/sidehilling to the right then its just the exhaust getting clogged with snow. Its pretty common with these sleds in the real deep stuff. If your clutches are getting wet from the snow, you will start slipping and even though you rev the engine you wont get any spin from the track. If you still have all of the stock vent screens you shouldnt be having too much of an issue with snow coming in, but definitely plug up the hole on the clutch side.

Premium Features