• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Linq system ski rack

W
Oct 14, 2008
Oregon
Wondering if anyone has seen more than this photo of it? Pricing?

http://xteam.ski-doo.com/en-us/new-...-2015/ski-doo_pac_2015_mountain_1641_ac-3_fb/

Or has anyone used the Linq mounting points on the tunnel to make a DIY rack? I had a solid one on my old (2x engine failure..) Pro using the factory load channel points but am curious about how folks are getting around the heat exchanger bubble in the center of the tunnel.

Thanks.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I'm going with the linq stuff on my new sled. Will post when i get the stuff.

BRP has prices on thier site.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I got to see it at Hay Days and was very impressed. I'm ordering it.
Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com
Avalanche education for mountain riders.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Saw it at Puyallup sled show and was like WTF, Burton helped design this? Sorry but seems like a half assed product. From a snowboard perspective it just doesn't seem like it'll hold up to abuse. The board sat very loose in the rack and was way to far forward for my taste. I'd catch my foot on hop over when riding sled. I didn't like all the straps and disconnection points. Might be nice to quickly remove rack when you aren't gonna use it, but it looks like field disaster waiting to happen. To many points of failure. For those of you who haven't seen it, the rack has quick disconnects on the tunnel, cloth straps to adjust the strap length, then a rubber strap that goes over the edge to secure the board. It seemed to be like it would bust into pieces the first time my sled went for a roll with board in rack. And what's up with the cloth straps? Anyone ever heard what happens to water when it gets cold? It turns to ice, so count on that rain down at the parking lot freezing your rack to ice clump mess when you go up in elevation. Weaksauce IMO. Doesn't even hold a candle to CFR. Only way I see it being worth trying is if it was hella cheap, just like it looks.

S
Oct 25, 2014
Knight Rider Rack

I have checked out the link and it seems pretty flimsy compared to the Knight Rider Rack or the CFR. I have gone with the Knight Rider for the past three years as it seems more robust than the CFR - also - it has break away straps so you won't twist the tunnel if you roll the sled.(Not that i plan on it)

T
Tiny Mo Pros - Snowmobile Ski Racks

Hey guys, saw this post and wanted to take the time to introduce ourselves.

We are Tiny Mo Pros, a snowmobile rack company with accessory attachment options, providing a great solution for carrying ski's and snowboards into the backcountry.

We encourage you to check out our website and have a look, our racks are completely configurable for carrying angles and feature adjustable cargo bays as well.

Thank you for your time,

Dave
Tiny Mo Pros
www.tinymopros.com

Snowmobile Rack, Snowmobile Snowboard Rack, Snowmobile Ski Rack.jpg Snowmobile Rack, Snowmobile Snowboard Rack.jpg

Last edited:
T

thedudeabides

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 28, 2014
West Arvada, CO
linq ski carrier

i used the doo ski carrier for the first time on monday (12/29) and overall i'm impressed. there were two small issues that were easily overcome. 1, the nylon straps froze up of course and were tough to pull through the cam buckles. easily overcome by NOT PULLING ON THE STRAP LIKE A LITTLE GIRL. but that bull-in-a-china-shop approach will probably shorten the life of the straps or the spring in the cam. it didn't slow us down. 2, the cam lever iced up and was a b**ch to press to release the strap. still worked though. i'll lube up the cam later and maybe ice won't be an issue for a while.

but i'm stoked w/ how quickly and easily they worked. plus, they were easy to remove from the tunnel w/ the ling attachment things.

T

thedudeabides

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 28, 2014
West Arvada, CO
Hey guys, saw this post and wanted to take the time to introduce ourselves.

We are Tiny Mo Pros, a snowmobile rack company with accessory attachment options, providing a great solution for carrying ski's and snowboards into the backcountry.

We encourage you to check out our website and have a look, our racks are completely configurable for carrying angles and feature adjustable cargo bays as well.

Thank you for your time,

Dave
Tiny Mo Pros
www.tinymopros.com

i'm really impressed w/ this carrier. looks tight, easy to use, and robust.

R
Mar 16, 2010
i'm really impressed w/ this carrier. looks tight, easy to use, and robust.

Spent the day yesterday with TDA, saw the Linq rack in use. It is good; my main concern was icing on the webbing when I played with one at the spring unveiling last year (and took the display skis/poles off, put them on correctly so it looked like whoever made the display actually skied;), and I was concerned about the straps getting icy and crusty and not moving through the buckle. That does not seem to be a concern. Maybe a LOONG early-morning commute would crust them over, but they don't seem to hold snow like the cam straps I used to use - the straps I USED to use look similar, but are not - mine would get icy to the point of unusable VERY quickly (they were rafting/boating straps), the Linq straps don't.

I'm a big fan of CFR, my first CFR is still going strong, albeit bent and scratched up. The Tiny Mo Pros look great, but I've never used one. Linq, jury was out, now it is in - it is at least on par with CFR.

Good luck getting one, though....at least in the states, they're unobtanium, it seems.

T

thedudeabides

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 28, 2014
West Arvada, CO
Good luck getting one, though....at least in the states, they're unobtanium, it seems.

True! I ordered my two carriers in the spring and still waiting on one to show up.

I'll also add one more nug of info... we went nuts with the linq accessories and also picked up a hard sided SD tunnel bag. I dreamt of having a ski carrier on the left side with SD gas can and bag mounted on top but unfortunately the recess in the bag to allow mounting over carrier lock is not deep/high enough. I'll play with it more but appears the bag will have to stay in the pickup when the carriers are at work.

T
Hello All.

It's always great to see new products hitting the industry but with the linq carrying system, there is a little fine print which should be outlined.....

1) Carrying something (on one side of your sled only) = $329.99 (bracket) + $79.99 (required heavy duty bumper)

2) Carrying Ski or board on both sides of the sled = $740.00

3) Warranty = None

Additionally there are a few items which interest me based on the design

1) How are you going to remove your snowboard from the rack when you auger that sled into a hole? Shoveling yourself out with ski's and boards attached is not a good time, along with plowing a shovel into your equipment, or ripping your gore-tex on the sharp metal edges of your ski/board. Pretty tight real estate in there.

2) Strap Management, those straps are awfully thin with little rigidity. So you'll have to tighten up slop with the cam buckle every time.....with gloves on. This will need to happen on drop off and pick up with your friends on shuttling so they don't come loose during sledding. So that is 4 process steps (tighten and loosen at top and bottom) of that cam buckle within one shuttle. Remember, your gloves don't typically get wet on their own; usually it's from repeatedly taking them off and putting them back on when your hands are wet from adjusting the rack all day.

All this detail about price amounts and function, but at the end of the day you did spend $740 and have not been able to carry any gas can or other randomness you want into the backcountry.....like snowshoes for hiking, or even a pineapple for lunch.

The capability to remove it quickly is a definite benefit. If you want to remove a TMP rack it does not come with a switch format, but full tunnel integrated systems (with under tunnel gusseting) are easily removed with a 7/16" socket in roughly 4 minutes, by hand.

After all, we are snowmobilers.....and wrenchin is a small part of the game.

Tiny Mo Pro Racks also come standard with a coverage package.

1) 5 Year Warranty on the Ski/Board Brackets

2) Crash Replacement Plan - Because life events happen.

Thank you for your time and appreciate the dynamic discussion.

Tiny Mo Pros

thedudeabides - Thank you for the words as it relates to product quality.

Last edited:
Premium Features