• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys turbo kits?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I see one of the Rmsha guys is running a BD this year. Anyone know how it is working. I currently have BD and HM and like them both. Any more info on what companies will be offering kits, etc. Trying to decide to keep my current sleds that run perfectly or get a new one for turbo.

Thanks in Advance

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I'm curious about this as well. I have been running an aerocharger kit on my pro for the past 4 years, and would like to get boost on the new sled as soon as possible.

I believe there were posts earlier this year about HM turbos and boost-it turbos working on kits for the new Axys sled. So I hope that they are available some what early in the upcoming season.

I have to think companies like silber and aerocharger have to be working on kits as well?

What I would really like to try on the new Axys is a supercharger set up, like the Carl's cycles pro set up. I would think this would help eliminate turbo lag, which would be ideal for tree boondocking IMHO.

I bet we start seeing stuff soon, at least I hope so.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
There is no lag on the supercharger. My buddy has one and they are awesome. I get to ride it whenever I want. Awesome in the trees. Talked to carls and I don't think they are getting one this spring to play with. I bet boondockers gets one if Curtis and burandt have anything to do with it.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i'm curious too

I asked Justin (silber) a month ago about 16 kits and he said they've been
working on them and that their working really well
(not that any builder would say anything else :face-icon-small-win )

other turbo companies have stated that the H.O. engine responds very well to boost so that a good sign

Justin said they would'nt be releasing any news till late summer/fall

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Boondocker has a couple if not more out there.

HM is working on it or has worked on it.

I am about 90% sure Turbo Performance has multiple on the ground too. I think one is going or went back east.

I am sure Carls/Speedwerx will get up to speed quickly with the supercharger. No pun intended.

Boost it is well on their way.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
HM Turbos was working on the 2015 VanAmburg conversion chassis (donor sled was a 2015 AXYS RUSH with the HO motor.)
I haven't stopped by Shane's shop for a while, but they had a couple different things they were trying and testing last I saw of it.

That was in January.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
We will be working on the Axys supercharger once we get a sled to play with. We have a demo sitting here this week, and we have been getting started with some of the development on figuring out mounting and such. We will keep you updated. For all the boondockers out there, this is a way better kit than the turbo without any lag.

Heard some rumours that it will work only on higher elevation and the price tag would be twice as a turbo kit? How has it worked so far for you guys?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Heard some rumours that it will work only on higher elevation and the price tag would be twice as a turbo kit? How has it worked so far for you guys?

Forgive me for butting in....

I believe anything should be able to work at sea level with enough octane in the fuel.

As for price, what works make the AXYS RMK supercharger system so much more expensive than the ProRide supercharger system?

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Forgive me for butting in....

I believe anything should be able to work at sea level with enough octane in the fuel.

As for price, what works make the AXYS RMK supercharger system so much more expensive than the ProRide supercharger system?

The more the merrier :)

True.

I was thinking of the pro kit. Have heard of people using 10k before the kit was good to go, but as i said above, rumours. That was on arctic cat. Is there anyone using these kits on polaris? Or is everything a "demo" at this point? I am excited to see these kits on pro and axys for sure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The more the merrier :)

True.

I was thinking of the pro kit. Have heard of people using 10k before the kit was good to go, but as i said above, rumours. That was on arctic cat. Is there anyone using these kits on polaris? Or is everything a "demo" at this point? I am excited to see these kits on pro and axys for sure.

Yes, there are production super chargers already in the field for the Pro Ride RMK this season.

We sold quite a few supercharger kits this year, and had great feedback from our customers. They loved the kit, and the only thing they were wishing was for more snow (which was a very common refrain unfortunately this year). The kit will work at sea level, but we haven't worked out the mapping for it yet. Still some testing to do on our part before we release it to sell. We have such a high standard before our products go out to the general public that we are willing to fore go a few sales to ensure that we put out a quality product. We plan on doing more testing this coming year to get the setup perfected for sea level and lower elevations. But for those about 5K and up, we have a great setup figured out. We do go to a smaller pulley for the higher elevations to still reach the boost figures we are aiming for. Hopefully, we will be able to get the supercharger set up for the Axys soon so we can begin testing it and getting it ready for sale. And we have no idea on price yet for the Axys kit, but I would imagine that it will be similiar in price to the Pro kit. The Pro Supercharger runs 7500.00.

Premium Features