• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The IOWA post MAX section

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
those 450's are a handful, have fun with that one, not a good bike for the girlfriend though:face-icon-small-hap

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
those 450's are a handful, have fun with that one, not a good bike for the girlfriend though:face-icon-small-hap

Havnt been on one in aWhile... needs either clutch or 5th gear is shot so needs a trans.... probably be a fix and sell... have eye on a mint xr250.....

And ill just have to put a throttle stop on it so the girl can ride it ;-)

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Well... just scored the deal of a day..... 2002 suzuki drz400e.... been sitting. Needs battery and carb cleaned.... brought home charger on it. Some carb clean... and fired up so heard it run.... $900 :).... now to get it done and the 450f tore apart...

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Yep we have some dirty sleds. The fair board wants me to plan a sled drag for next year along with mower races and mower pulls. How's that sound?

cycloneracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Carson, Iowa
Sounds great.

We will need to start planning this winter. I know I can get enough guys to run a race.

So what do I race?????............Mowers or sleds..................?????

cycloneracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Carson, Iowa
Wild camping story.

Yes there were the regular dogs running free, and yes my nephew found their deposits.

But that isn't the story.

Camping at Botna Bend park in Hancock. We were on the far north end, but the kids cabin, teepee, and the bridge/tunnel thing. I was taking down my satellite because it didn't want to work. So I was on the back side of the camper winding up my wires and heard a huge crunch and crack. I thought someone backed in to a camper or hit a camper. It was actually a HUGE tree limb that fell right between the cabin and the tunnel. Right where the kids have been playing all day. Fortunately the girls were in the cabin and the boys were in the tunnel. No one was hurt!!!!

There was a large group of old guys that ran faster than they have in a long time!!!!

Kids didn't even realize the severity of the situation and no one was hurt.

Grilled some killer Ribeyes that night........

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Scored the deal of the year bought a 2011 dry box that has spread less than 2000 acres for half the price of a new one.

Premium Features