• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Par head

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Does RK Tek make one for it? I've had good experiences with them on other sled engines.
I had a hard time sealing up my head on the 910par because the stupid logo is etched right under the head bolts. Also the fittings and t-stat didn't hold completely water tight at first either. Re-teflon taped 'em and bought a sensor as a dummy plug(IQr race chassis setup) to get to seal. Brad also assembled it without the t-stat gasket.

G
Apr 23, 2008
similar experience with par here. domes were shorter than the head . o rings leaked and you could TURN the domes when you tightened or removed the spark plugs !!!
had to machine .009 from face to fix it so domes were taller than head shell and would be properly seated.

good head other than that.. Would buy another too.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Better cooling for sure. Not much performance to be gained with a head but they do help a little in my opinion. Not sure on a turbo but I would think these qualities would be exaggerated with a turbo :devil:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So sounds like there is a bit of a quality control
Issue. But still wondering what I would be
Gaining from a lower compression head
Over stock.
Anyone?

There could be three reasons for going with lower compression.

1) These are more efficient dome design that stock, so less compression is needed to still continue to run pump gas.

2) You are going to be running nitrous or a turbo and need a bit less compression to avoid having to run more octane (avoiding detonation)

3) You are going to be at LOW elevation (like less than 3000 feet) and still want to run pump gas (again, to avoid detonation).

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, no problem.
Often times when aftermarket domes are used they are more efficient. If they ran the same squish band or compression ratio as stock you would have to run some race gas to keep from seeing potential detonation issues.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Thank you for the tip, had to take a quick look on other forums also and i decided to not buy from him.

Premium Features