• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best reeds on turbo?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Have a BD and HM turbo. Want to replace reeds, are stock best or aftermarket and which aftermarket?

Thanks in advance

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
shirt.gif

Unless you really like the shirt and changing reeds stay away there is a
reason no one run v-force reeds on a turbo.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I heard on the '14s with air-water intercooler, the VForce were working better AND holding up.

You know what they were doing better? How many miles do you get out of your stock reeds with BD's Air to Air? I have about 850 hard mountain miles on mine and I think they're about shot, it doesn't want to idle the best.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
You know what they were doing better? How many miles do you get out of your stock reeds with BD's Air to Air? I have about 850 hard mountain miles on mine and I think they're about shot, it doesn't want to idle the best.

I put 700 miles the first year on my stock reeds with air-air and they were fine.; I do change them every season regardless. However, I heard the v-force held up with the air-water set-up and improved bottom end throttle response compared to stock reeds.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
What do you run for fuel in your turbo Anthony?

Premium Features