• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So whats the deal on motor mounts with the Pro chassis?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'm seriously considering doing another turbo project for next season ... Might be on my 13' Pro, might be on a holdover '14, I haven't decided yet, but I'm wanting to do as much research this time around as possible after having had a turbo'd cat for several seasons.

My first question is, what options do I have for beefing up the factory mounts on the Pro RMK? I have found with my Cat that putting the 60 duro pucks in the factory motor mount plate worked well .... IE, you either want to add additional mounts int he right places or slightly stifen up the stock mounts, you don't want to put crazy hard durometer mounts in because then you will just vibrate stuff off and break it ...

I'm sort of leary of the SLP torque arm honestly as it has little, if any give ... I'd rather find a proper mount solution than stress the case halves with a torque arm.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
FTX Motor plate?
bab7557053f7278c534370b23426f031.jpg

plateandboards013.jpg

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The SLP mount does have a urethane bushing as well as the way it mounts, it will allow some vertical movement but prevents the motor from being pulled backwards under load. I also don't see stress being an issue as it uses the stock mounting points for the electric start. I have used these on all of my Pros and yet to have any issues related to motor mounting.

Premium Features