• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best way to mount turbo gauges w/ MadFab lifter?? pics/ideas anyone?

P

phatboyfilms

Oct 7, 2008
hope i'm posting this correctly - don't post much..

2012 Pro w/ Silber turbo & SLP air intake.

Getting gauge lifter from MadFab w/ boost & AFR gauge mount. 3 questions:

1) pics from anyone who has installed the gauge lifter with boost gauges showing how you routed the tubes/cable from the boost & AFR gauges. Any using some kind of quick disconnect for taking off hood?

2) those that have lifter with boost gauges mounted to top - after putting some miles on it, do you like this position or do you think they would be better mounted on the side of the gauge lifter? does it hold up when you roll your sled over... those gauges are kinda up there...

3) for those with SLP intake kit - did you block off the vent so hot air isn't flowing into the back of the SLP intake?

thanks in advance guys. much appreciated!

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Phatboy the lifter will NOT work with the slp intake... i had an slp one had to get rid of it and buy a fire n ice one.

the additional holes on top wont allow it to pivot enough for clearence... so youd have to get them on the sides of the cradle or get rid of the slp intake.

P

phatboyfilms

Oct 7, 2008
The MADFAB is the way to go. We sell them now with a controller plate that mounts to the bars and makes for a super clean install. Ill take pics this afternoon.

you get a chance to snap some pics? would like to see front/back as well as the controller mount.

P

phatboyfilms

Oct 7, 2008
Phatboy the lifter will NOT work with the slp intake... i had an slp one had to get rid of it and buy a fire n ice one.

the additional holes on top wont allow it to pivot enough for clearence... so youd have to get them on the sides of the cradle or get rid of the slp intake.

much appreciated input. guess i'll be going with the side mount since i already have the slp intake.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Here is mine. Also added a dummy light for oil pump.

4b300e8d-baa2-03e4.jpg

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Lets see the Oil pump dummy light setup!

You need to post a pic of you MADFAB control box plate. You have the first one:face-icon-small-win

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
And here is the dummy light. I drilled a hole between the gauges to add the light. The other pic is the tee with pressure switch hooked up. It's a 3-6psi switch so need a lower one to react more.
4b300e8d-cf57-5028.jpg

4b300e8d-cf6c-3888.jpg

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
It's supposed to go out with pressure but at idle just don't think there is enough pressure to trip it. I am looking into a lighter pressure one. Right now it lights up but even when i pull the plug to the pump it is on which tells me its not building enough pressure to turn it off. It's a 4 or 4-6psi so need to find a 1-3psi switch.

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Boston.....do they make a similar setup for an IQ gauge.....what i have is an dragon 800 engine in a pro chassis so i need a holder that would fit on a pro sled but accept the gauge from the dragon. Thanks for the feed back.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz

The clearance issue with the SLP intake is because of the lower, center mounted oil gauge tho right?

If you were just running the 2 upper boost gauges, it would tilt more and clear the SLP intake adequately.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Does it light with pressure or go out with pressure

I got my pressure switch all figured out and up and running. The part number is a PS228 made by Wells Vehicle electronics. Napa has them and Autozone also caries them but puts them in a Duralast box but are made by Wells. It is a normally closed switch with a 2-6psi to open it.

I wired my positive lead to the hot lead on the DC power located under the hood (silber guys hook their AF gauge to it). The other lead you run down and hook onto the single pole on the switch. The switch grounds itself when it is threaded into the T.

When I start the sled for a split second the light comes on then goes out with the pressure. When I disconnect the pump it takes about 4 seconds at idle for the light to come back on. Plug it back in and in a split second the light goes back out.

Super easy to install, and works great.

P

phatboyfilms

Oct 7, 2008
I got my pressure switch all figured out and up and running...............Super easy to install, and works great.

would you mind posting a couple pictures? That is exactly what I'd like to do on mine. Thx for posting the info up!

Premium Features