• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st Gen 700 rmk aerocharger kit

hey guys i found an aerocharger kit for my 97 700 and was just wondering if anyone had any time on one of these kits or had been around them at all. i have lots of turbo experience as i have built a few turbo things including 2 sled, so im not new to the game just wondering what input anyone had. thanks

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
How is it set up????? Hobbes switch? Rising rate FPR? It will probably be just fine depending on the mechanics of it.

A
Nov 26, 2007
The 97 700 kits that I used all had hobbs switches. Usually with adjustable power jets. The worked pretty good if setup correctly. If not then lots of lag a blown pistons.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Yup! Me.
Seriously though ign was stock compression was stock. ran straight AV. Main jets were 2 up from stk with adjustable power jets for extra fuel at. Ran a boost bottle and 1371 g needles lifted if I remember correctly. clutching was a Polaris gold almon sprin 165-320 i think. 52-38 helix stock secondary spring 64 gram weights. It ran ok but was still way off in clutching. Nothing was o=ut there yet that worked. very touchy on the power jets to get them correct. could have run more main jet and less power jet prob but the bottom end was way better that way. Went good and didn't blow up unless I screwed up then it would either melt or detonate lightly then 20 miles later break teh ringland on the piston and when it came apart wreck the turbo. Pulled it aprt once on top of a mountan and took all the rings off one piston cause of teh busted ring land. then pulled teh turbo apart and took all teh ring pieces out of the turbo. It ran on one until boost then came on two. drove it out.

How many lbs of boost did you run? And what did you do for a fuel pump? The kit I got has a Hobbs switch and electric fuel pump. But How does the vacuum pump run under boost before the electric fuel pump comes on? I'd like to make the kit as simple as possible. By eliminating the electric fuel pump and only run the stock pump. I've heard that there's some of the manuals around for this kit but I can't find one.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Ran 7 lbs with a vac switch that upped it to 11 lbs. The electric pump came with the kit. factory pump does not make enough pressure to run much boost maybe 2-3 lbs. the kit was a first choice turbo kit. Turbo doc may have a bit of info.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
There is a carbed turbo thread in the general section. I would read through that. Update the kit to the newer style with fuel pump and rising rate FPR. It will be reliable and simple.

mountain

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2002
Stanwood Washington
I played with a few of these kits. How much boost you can run depends on your elevation and fuel. We tossed the Kiehn carbs and used the Mikunis. I still have some used carbs and other parts from kits we removed. PM me if you have any questions.
Tony

hey guys i know its been a few weeks but im about to start the build and im thinking ill only run 6-8 lbs of boost and run pump gas. im already at 8000 ft elevation in my garage and i ride from 9000 and up. any suggestions on clutching? where to start at least other than whats already been posted? im going to try to stay with the 136 track.

modit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
RIGBY, IDAHO
Steve Packer known as the Turbo Doc is a great resource the last number I had is 801-334-9140 more than likely he built the kit you now have. I ran one of these kits on a 98 700. Steve built countless kits like yours.

Premium Features